Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Crab with the Golden Claws: Le Crabe aux Pinces d'or (1947 film)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

cigars of the beeper
#21 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 17:54
This item on Store.Tintin.Com seems to have The Crab With the Golden Claws DVD in it, but also a lot of other stuff. Click on the picture, and it will open a window with a pic of all of the box contents. Man, would I like to have that!
jock123
#22 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 18:17
cigars of the beeper wrote:
This item on Store.Tintin.Com seems to have The Crab With the Golden Claws DVD in it, but also a lot of other stuff.

That looks to be the set Richard is talking about. I think I may have seen it for sale, but not known what was in it.

It does have Suite Tintin as oppose to the Nelvana soundtrack, so it could be a different thing. The photo doesn’t help by including two copies of the Companion in the shot (one in the box, one out), which is odd...
Triskeliae
#23 · Posted: 7 Apr 2008 22:09
Richard wrote:
you can actually watch the entire film if you're a member of the Tintin Club.

I wanted to see that film so much, I joined the club. I already watched it twice! The second time, I used the book as a read-along to follow the scenes, and it is amazing to see how this adaptation follows the frames and words of the book! They just cut so little off it!

The film was very good! A shame they didn't make others like it!

jock123 wrote:
According to news on the Objectif Tintin website, the original 1947 Crab is getting a release in French on DVD

Thanks for the info! Yay! :)
number1fan
#24 · Posted: 10 Mar 2009 17:54
Just found this on tintin.com. Available in French only.
Harrock n roll
#25 · Posted: 11 Mar 2009 11:04
number1fan:
Just found this on tintin.com. Available in French only.

Yes, it finally came out on DVD last year. I'm glad they put it out at last. It would be nice to see an English-subtitled version soon, but I thoroughly recommend it, even to non-French speakers. Very dated, but full of charm. Actually, when it was made was a lot closer to the era it was written (only seven years later), so it captures something of the book that the later cartoons don't. Perhaps it's simply because at that time people didn't mind kiddies watching an animation with copious amounts of alcohol consumption in it!

Not wishing to sell the Tintin store short, but it's also available from the French Amazon site at a reasonable 14.99 euros, plus postage.

http://www.amazon.fr/Tintin-crabe-aux-pinces-dor/dp/B00149TV5G/ref=sr_ 1_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236764362&sr=8-9

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!