Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin in America: What a movie it would make!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 11:03
Wow! That would be a great movie - old fashioned gangster story with Cowboys and Indians, car chases and all sorts.
Shame the cartoon only ran 21 minutes.
charlotte
#2 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 13:11
It would be very entertaining especially because it jumps around a lot
tintinagalog
#3 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 03:10
Tintin in America is a sort of "Tom and Jerry" and "Road Runner and Coyote" for me. Our Belgian reporter could be hilariously comical in pursuit of Mr. Smiles.
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 04:18
I thought the cartoon adaptation was great.
Too little material to make a movie with though.
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 13:13
Because America is so fast-paced, it would definitely make an exciting movie.
Captain Chester
#6 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 21:42
It would be hard to deal with some of the realism issues (i.e. the oil well sequence)

CC
cigars of the beeper
#7 · Posted: 24 Jun 2008 14:00
Well, the oil well wouldn't have to be a "gusher", and perhaps Bobby Smiles would not have left yet, and would run off and tell the oil companies, pretending it was his land. He would tell them that he would meet them there in an hour, but would be delayed, and they would meet Tintin there instead. They would either think Tintin was Bobby, or his representative, and offer him their money. That is an easy way to make that whole thing believable.
Mike Dutton
#8 · Posted: 28 Jul 2008 14:46
I think it would make an exciting movie too. Perhaps they could gather permission to extend scenes, you know, to make it long enough for a movie?
Little Mijarka
#9 · Posted: 31 Jul 2008 21:05
I wonder how people would react to Al Capone being in it. But yes, it would make a good movie.

Is there any part they might have to change, do you think, for political correctness?
cigars of the beeper
#10 · Posted: 1 Aug 2008 17:46
Little Mijarka:
I wonder how people would react to Al Capone being in it.

Maybe it would be best for them to make Al Capone be someone else. It is kind of strange how (fictional) Tintin knocks out (real) Al Capone.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!