Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Soundtrack discussion

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

OJG
#1 · Posted: 14 Aug 2004 21:53
What does everyone out there think of the music used in the Ellipse-Nelvana series?

I personally think that it's great. I love the way that there are different tunes for different moods.

Does anyone have any favourite tunes? I like the one that normally plays at the start of or during an adventure. I think it's called 'setting off on an adventure' or something like that.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#2 · Posted: 14 Aug 2004 22:06
Definitely - top marks for the composer. It's much better than the synthesized rubbish that so many TV shows have today.
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 15 Aug 2004 01:36
I love that music! Its quality that's for sure.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 15 Aug 2004 11:09
The soundtrack album is well worth tracking down: it doesn't just collect the music, which might have been a bit bitty, it works it into highly listenable tracks, which are really atmospheric.

There have been at least two editions of it, one in a dark cover with the "Tintin and Snowy running in the spot-light" image, and one in a light cover with a stripe top and bottom.

The short version of the signature tune, as used on TV, actually doesn't appear on the disc, as it is worked up into a longer version; however, it is to be found on the Tintin au Cinéma collection (which may be harder to track down).

This is a real treat too, as I think the theme to Golden Fleece (which is on it) may even beat the animated series theme for being my musical image of Tintin.

Of course it does also have Zorrino bleating away... perhaps not one of Jacques Brel's finest moments (he wrote it, he didn't sing it, of course...)
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 16 Aug 2004 18:32
jock123:
The soundtrack album is well worth tracking down:

Is the soundtrack readily available?

Rik
jock123
#6 · Posted: 27 Aug 2004 20:36
jockosjungle:
Is the soundtrack readily available?

I think the TV sountrack has been deleted, but the collection Tintin au cinéma is still available (try fnac.com, for example), and that has a few of the TV tracks on it.
Karaboudjan
#7 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 09:58
I love the opening music so much I've installed it onto my computer, so it plays whenever it shuts down...

Does this make me the saddest person ever?
jock123
#8 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 14:34
Karaboudjan
Does this make me the saddest person ever?

Only if each time you switch off your computer you put on your plus-fours, quiff your hair, switch on your desk-lamp to make a big yellow circle on the wall, and then run on the spot while the music plays - that would be really sad...! ;-)

Otherwise it is okay...!
Karaboudjan
#9 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 21:42
No, it's never occurred to me to do that, *grins*
pizza13
#10 · Posted: 18 Feb 2006 06:17
I would be very interested in getting hold of some Tintin sheet music. Can anyone help me out?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!