Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Information Needed: Which Belvision episode shown the day "Dad's Army" began? [Resolv

Rocky
#1 · Posted: 7 Aug 2008 21:48
Last Sunday (3rd August 2008) in the UK BBC1 celebrated the 40th anniversary of the first episode of the sitcom 'Dad's Army'.
A newspaper cutting of the TV schedule for Wednesday 31st July 1968 was shown, including 'Dad's Army' at 8.20pm, but what caught my eye was that at 5.40pm - 5.50pm, just before the evening news was... Tintin! This must have been a Belvision episode, but does anyone know which story it was?
Rocky
#2 · Posted: 9 Aug 2008 16:08
On reflection this is a silly question. The answer is "It doesn't matter"!
jock123
#3 · Posted: 9 Aug 2008 20:16
Rocky:
but does anyone know which story it was?

Don’t tell him, Pike! ;-)

On reflection this is a silly question.

Certainly not!

The answer is "It doesn't matter"!

Of course it matters - it is Tintinology, red in tooth and claw!! We should not rest until we know…!

This is the site that tried to find out Marlinspike’s post-code, after all, so it is a legitimate question to ask what the episode was the night Dad’s Army started!

However, sadly I don’t have access to back numbers of the Radio Times, so I don’t have any way to help!
IvanIvanovitch
#4 · Posted: 9 Aug 2008 20:51
This is an outrage! An unsolved dilemma concerning Tintin! We should be up in arms, hunting down the answer with all the diligence of a certain Belgian reporter.
Rocky
#5 · Posted: 9 Aug 2008 21:33
Thanks guys, you made me smile!
I'm going to pose the question on a TV archive forum, I suspect some members there have Radio Times collections. I''ll let you know if I get to the truth.

Well, I did post my query on the Roobarb forum (www.zetaminor.com/roobarb) and got an answer three minutes later!
Thanks to Alan we now know that the episode on 31st July 1968 was Objective Moon, Part 3. His information comes from that week's Radio Times.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!