Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

TV series vs books difference guide?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

olanmills
#1 · Posted: 19 Aug 2008 09:21
Is there a guide detailing all of the differences and omissions that the TV series had in comparison to the original books?
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 19 Aug 2008 17:53
I don't think so, but we can probably make one. By the way I know of a company called "Olan Mills". They make Church directories.
Bordurian Thug
#3 · Posted: 19 Aug 2008 19:03
Books: Wit, pathos, humour, art.

TV series: erm....
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 20 Aug 2008 03:58
C'mon people the TV series was pretty good. The books are better, no doubt about it but the only things I didn't think they did well for the TV series was censoring some of the violence and totally removing the Captain's need for lots of alcohol. That sucked. But otherwise they were pretty good.
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 21 Aug 2008 21:37
Well, I didn't say anything bad about the TV series.
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 21 Aug 2008 23:45
No, not you, Bordurian Thug.
cigars of the beeper
#7 · Posted: 22 Aug 2008 18:45
The TV series could have been better though...
Bordurian Thug
#8 · Posted: 22 Aug 2008 18:57
The worst thing about the TV series is that non-Tintinophiles who haven't read the books get the impression that Tintin is just another generic cartoon with lousy artwork, goofy voices and no-brainer content.
cigars of the beeper
#9 · Posted: 23 Aug 2008 20:09
That's really too bad, but around here, I've never even met anyone who has seen the animated series.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 23 Aug 2008 23:48
Bordurian Thug:
The worst thing about the TV series is that non-Tintinophiles who haven't read the books get the impression that Tintin is just another generic cartoon with lousy artwork, goofy voices and no-brainer content.

I can’t imagine anyone coming away with such a low opinion - the Belvision cartoons spurred a whole generation (including myself!) to get and absorb the books, were successful when released on video, and have a place in many people’s hearts.

The Nelvana series was if anything even more successful, and has been commended by Tintinophiles and non-fans alike for it’s successful fusion of Hergéian art and animation. The stories remain strong, the characterizations are good, and there many many fine moments which still stand up on their own right - the prologue to the Prisoners adventure showing the expedition is inspired, I think, and the cameos by Hergé himself are very neat.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!