Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: Album copyright query

advnarayan
#1 · Posted: 23 Jun 2004 15:38
[Thread moved from Will Golden Fleece and Blue Oranges film books be reprinted.]

BTW who owns the coyright to The Golden Fleece and Blue Oranges - is it Methuen or Casterman?
And were the works ever published in USA? Little, Brown now publishes the common Tintin works in us, while Last Gasp published Soviets and Congo. Amazon.com doesn't yet have a page for the new edition of Alph-Art - so I don't know who is the publisher in USA for the same.
Keeping fingers crossed for a new edition of The Golden Fleece and Blue Oranges.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 23 Jun 2004 17:57
advnarayan:
BTW who owns the coyright to The Golden Fleece and Blue Oranges - is it Methuen or Casterman?

Casterman own the publishing rights and would probably have a contract with Methuen over the percentage of royalties and the rights to the English text.
Whether the rights to the film books have now reverted to Casterman, or are owned by Egmont, I don't know.

advnarayan:
And were the works ever published in USA? Little, Brown now publishes the common Tintin works in us, while Last Gasp published Soviets and Congo.

Little Brown didn't begin to publish the books til (I think) 1974, so they would have missed out cashing in on those films which were released and shown in the 60s and probably wouldn't have thought them worthy of release some 10 years or more after - unless someone knows otherwise?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!