Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Golden Fleece: R.I.P. Georges Wilson (1921-2010)

jock123
#1 · Posted: 4 Feb 2010 09:05
Sadly, it has been reported that Georges Wilson, the French film and TV actor and director, who played Captain Haddock in the live-action movie Tintin and the Golden Fleece died yesterday, at the age of 88.
It would appear that he adopted the stage-name Wilson from his grand-mother, who was Irish.

He had a long career, making his first film in 1951, and his last in 2008 when he was in L'ennemi public n°1 (released in the U.K. in 2009, I think). He was still working up until last year, when he appeared in a documentary.
laloga
#2 · Posted: 5 Feb 2010 04:32
He was a very memorable Haddock, though I never saw him in anything else. Thanks for the info.
Grey
#3 · Posted: 5 Feb 2010 17:05
Sad times, he portrayed the Captain really well in the film.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 5 Feb 2010 20:21
laloga:
He was a very memorable Haddock

Grey:
he portrayed the Captain really well in the film.

My sentiments too - he managed to get the balance between the sympathetic side of the Captain and his irascible, angry side just right.

This obituary in Le Monde contains some links to video clips, if you want to see what the man behind the Captain’s whiskers looked and sounded like in civilian life.
advnarayan
#5 · Posted: 14 Feb 2010 13:36
Sad news
after a long, long time- i finally succeded in tracing a dvd with english subtitles of TINTIN AND THE MYSTERY OF THE GOLDEN FLEECE and TINTIN AND BLUE ORANGES.
Georges Wilson makes a better Haddock compared to Jean Bousie (in BLUE ORANGES). May his soul rest in peace
Abhishek Ghosh
#6 · Posted: 19 May 2010 14:59
Its really sad

He was the best person to portray Captain Haddock

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!