Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The Blue Oranges: Goscinny's role in the movie?

advnarayan
#1 · Posted: 14 Feb 2010 13:44
I saw the movie Tintin and the Blue Oranges for the first time today. I was surprised to see that "René Goscinny" as the person listed as the person who adapted this story to the screen.

Is this Goscinny the same René Goscinny who created Astérix??
cigee
#2 · Posted: 14 Feb 2010 15:45
Yes, it is, AFAIK.

The fact Goscinny, rather than Hergé, was involved in the movie, goes a lot towards explaining, IMHO, the lapses of logic in places, and why character are not really true to their established personalities.
advnarayan
#3 · Posted: 14 Feb 2010 17:24
Ok...i understand - but I always felt that the creators of Astérix had a great respect for Hergé.
You can even see Thomson and Thompson in Asterix in Belgium.

But did Hergé hold the creators of Asterix in high esteem? Was there any competition per se between Hergé and Goscinny? How was their relationship, as two outstanding craftsman? Were they rivals or good friends? Would like to know more!

Moderator Note: There is already a thread on the subject of how Hergé and Goscinny & Uderzo got on here, so if you want to know more, look there. Let's keep this thread for discussing the participation of M. Goscinny in the making of The Blue Oranges.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
mct16
#4 · Posted: 16 Feb 2010 02:18
Click here for an interesting comparison of their work made between Herge, Goscinny and Uderzo themselves.
cigee
#5 · Posted: 20 Feb 2010 22:50
advnarayan:
Ok...I understand- but I always felt that the creators of Asterix had a great respect for Hergé.

Sorry for the confusion my comment may have caused. I did not wish to imply Goscinny did not respect Hergé. Only that he could not get the style right.
number1fan
#6 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 19:38
advnarayan:
I saw the movie Tintin and the Blue Oranges for the first time today. I was surprised to see that "René Goscinny" as the person listed as the person who adapted this story to the screen.

Wow! Learn something new everyday.
Blue Oranges was quite a good film. Very funny when Thom(p)son and Thomson get into a confrontation with a bull.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!