Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#41 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 16:59
They are really good adaptations, the second series is even better than the first, no doubt due to the proficiency of the voice artists and the double-length episode format for The Calculus Affair and The Red Sea Sharks.
jock123
#42 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 16:59
LesMcClaine
I'm recording these to mp3 so I don't lose them when the streaming rolls over next week.
Very wise! And when can we expect the “Jonny Crossbones” radio drama??

If any of you haven’t used the “Listen Again” service, the show is available as a RealAudio stream for seven days from broadcast. Make use of it while you can!
jockosjungle
#43 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 17:46
The reporter part is specified, because he is writing to his editor.

How many Tintin's does this Editor have on his books?

"No not Tintin the boy reporter but the Tintin who does the horoscopes!"

I was commenting that it was a rather vain way to refer to yourself

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#44 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 18:16
I thought it did seem a little egotistical, but perhaps as he's writing for publication, in this OK!/Hello! age, people might want to read what he's written simply because he's famous.

Personally, I think it'd sound better if he'd said "Tintin, reporter" - factual, to the point and harking back to his Petit Vingtième days.
jock123
#45 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 19:16
Maybe “Famous Boy Reporter” is his job title?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#46 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 19:31
That's true - I also think that "Tintin, reporter" would be reminiscent of the Petit Vingtième era, and sounds slightly more realistic than famous - I doubt anyone would introduce themselves as 'famous', as such ...
Richard
UK Correspondent
#47 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 19:41
tintinuk said :
I doubt anyone would introduce themselves as 'famous', as such ...

Alan Partridge might.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#48 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 20:23
Ha ha ! That's true, I hadn't considered that ! :)
SingingGandalf
#49 · Posted: 11 Apr 2006 12:44
Hi
I was listening to 'The Red sea sharks' on the radio cassette - 'four further adventures of Tintin', and I heard the pilot of the aircraft that crashes saying that Tintin was english. I know the shows the made in England but isn't the fact that Tintin is Belgian one of the key points!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#50 · Posted: 11 Apr 2006 13:08
I always presumed the pilot was talking about Haddock? He says "We have a mad dog and an Englishman on board", during which Haddock shouts at Snowy. And Haddock is generally held to be English - there's a discussion on this forum here. Anyway, the line is a reference to a Noel Coward song, Mad Dogs and Englishmen.

Funny reason to prompt an emergency landing on the beach, though!

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!