Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

greatsnakes
#71 · Posted: 22 Feb 2009 17:54
Ah, good point! I have never ordered something from so far before so I just assumed it would be wildly expensive. I did some currency calculations and you're right! They're barely even double the price... I didn't calculate shipping, but if anyone wants to know approximately...

£7.79 = about $11 US and $14 Canadian
£8.99 = about $13 US and $16 Canadian
jock123
#72 · Posted: 9 Apr 2009 10:31
Hmmm... These were due to be released on the 9th of this month, but I've just been having a dig about, and there is still no artwork on the Amazon listing; Play.com don't have them even as "coming soon"; and HMV.co.uk have them listed as having been released in May 2007, out of stock and back in in 14 days, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Anyone know? Anybody got them on pre-order?
number1fan
#73 · Posted: 9 Apr 2009 12:47
We rang up the BBC but the artwork and contract hasnt beenn done yet for them.So i will be a while before they come out.
jock123
#74 · Posted: 9 Apr 2009 12:57
Thanks for the update!
There must be something really knotted up about the rights in these, in as far as sales are concerned; I seem to recall that there were issues about the cassettes which caused them to be stopped or withdrawn after a while, and there were supposed to be releases on CD a couple of years ago (presumably what HMV are showing) which I don't think ever came to pass.

Ah well we'll just have to wait and see, and hope that BBC7 keeps exhuming them for broadcast!
Harrock n roll
#75 · Posted: 26 Apr 2009 13:39
The release date for Seven Crystal Balls / Prisoners of the Sun has now been put back to 8 Nov 2010, according to Amazon.co.uk
number1fan
#76 · Posted: 26 Apr 2009 22:40
I changed the date on there because the BBC doesn't have the rights to publish these again yet.So why Amazon have them on there is bizzare.More then likely these will come out near the movie.
Harrock n roll
#77 · Posted: 27 Apr 2009 13:05
number1fan:
I changed the date on there because the BBC doesn't have the rights to publish these again yet.

Oh? I thought you had to be the seller or Amazon to change information on an Amazon page. So that was an arbitrary date then?

Well, I suppose if the Beeb don't have the rights we might not be seeing these anytime soon.
Katherine
#78 · Posted: 2 May 2009 18:14
Moulinsart doesn't give ANYBODY rights. I Haddock-hand-nose-waggle in their general direction.
jock123
#79 · Posted: 2 May 2009 18:55
Katherine:
Moulinsart doesn't give ANYBODY rights.

Moulinsart grants people rights all the time - it’s how we get animated cartoons, music, stage-plays, merchandise and exhibitions!
Anyway, nobody has said that the problem lies with Moulinsart; the problem could be at the BBC, or to do with the contracts of the actors (there are ways in which actors can block releases if they no longer wish to be associated with a project, for example).

We shall just have to wait and see, I am afraid.
Rocky
#80 · Posted: 18 Jun 2010 16:56
BBC Radio 7 starts a repeat run of series 1 next week:
Monday 21 June 2010 The Black Island
Tuesday 22 June 2010 The Secret of the Unicorn
Wednesday 23 June 2010 Red Rackham's Treasure
Thursday 24 June 2010 Destination Moon
Friday 25 June 2010 Explorers On The Moon
Monday 28 June 2010 Tintin in Tibet

All at 05:00 BST and available to the world on BBC iPlayer.

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!