Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: Plot speculation [Warning: may contain spoilers!] [Locked]

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Tintinrulz
#31 · Posted: 20 Oct 2011 12:40
Yes, it looks like the Bird brothers will be making an appearance but the eldest brother (can't remember his name) looks chubbier than in the original album.
mct16
#32 · Posted: 28 Oct 2011 17:42
jock123:
The Inca's ability to control the explorers in their trance a hemisphere away could have had a devastating effect on figures throughout history, had they chosen to exploit it.

Could it be that the film version of Secret of 'The Unicorn' does have the drug that the Incas put into the balls in order to bring the explorers under their influence?

In the original French, Sir Francis Hadoque's adventure takes place in 1698 and he serves Louis XIV. The War of the Grand Alliance (1688-97) had just ended and by the Treaty of Ryswick, Louis had acquired Saint-Domingue (now Haiti) from where The Unicorn has left before encountering Red Rackham and his pirates.

I've just been reading a book on the Battle of Blenheim which took place 6 years later (1704) and how it ended Louis' hopes of dominating Europe. Using the Inca powder and method of long-distance torture on the enemy commanders, the Duke of Marlborough and Prince Eugene of Savoy, would certainly have "changed the course of history".
jock123
#33 · Posted: 28 Oct 2011 19:07
Tintinrulz:
Yes, it looks like the Bird brothers will be making an appearance but the eldest brother (can't remember his name) looks chubbier than in the original album.

Don't know who you saw, but I think it is safe to say here that the Bird Brothers (neither Max nor his brother "G.") aren't in the movie (least-ways, not as characters - they do appear somewhere in the film though, for those who might otherwise feel cheated)!
You may have mistaken the figure who slugs Tintin in the trailer as one of the Birds, but it isn't... (let me know if you want to know who it is...).

mct16:
Could it be that the film version of The Unicorn does have the drug that the Incas put into the balls in order to bring the explorers under their influence?

Could be! The sequel is definitely pointing us Inca-ward!

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

This topic is closed.