Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The Adventures of Tintin: Young Vic production at London Barbican, Christmas 2005

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#1 · Posted: 12 Jan 2005 23:35
The Young Vic Theatre Company will be presenting a new stage show, The Adventures of Tintin, at the Barbican Centre in London this Christmas.

Bookings will be available from March 1st.

So far this is the only information in the public domain - but more is promised soon. To clarify: this doesn't appear to be a version of the recent musical Le Temple du Soleil.

Ed
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 10:27
First bit of speculation, going by the poster could it be an adaptation of Tibet?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#3 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 10:30
I thought it could possibly be, though perhaps it's just a suitably snowy landscape to use for a Christmas production. Either way I'd like to see a bigger poster!

Ed
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 11:31
Maybe a few of us UK based Tintinologists could book for the show and get together before hand for a few "Loch Lomonds"??

Ranko.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 13:12
I take it you are looking at the picture posted here? It's the only one I can find.

There is nothing on the Young Vic website, but I include the link just in case anyone wants to go there to look.
Harrock n roll
#6 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 17:57
It's also posted at Tintin.com and Objectif Tintin at the same unreadable-low-res quality.

As Ed mentioned earlier, it certainly doesn't appear to be an adaptation of "Temple". The 2 names mentioned - Rufus Norris and Ian McNeil - are a director/playwright and set designer for the Young Vic. On the evidence so far this could be the first major stage play of Tintin produced in England (although I remember The Black Island was produced as a stage play back in the 70s in London.)

Speculating again, I think Tibet would be a sensation as a stage play - imagine the sets!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 20:17
I'm looking forward to it ! I don't know which story it could be, but as far as I can see, it doesn't say on the poster.

"Tintin in Tibet" isn't too outlandish, when you consider that the team responsible for the musical were able to recreate the spectacular moments of "Prisoners of the Sun" on stage, with a life-sized replica condor, a waterfall spanning the stage and an eclipse.

Personally, I'd love to see "Tibet" as a stage-play, I think it would be fantastic. Tintin's nightmare ("CHANG !"), snowstorms (can you do that on stage ? I assume so), the mountain-climbing scene, levitating monks, the yeti ... superb.

I'd just feel a tad sorry for the poor chap inside the yeti costume under those stage lights.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#8 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 21:21
This sounds great ! I think Tibet would make a really good one - although The Calculus Affair would also be a good choice in my opinion. It seems as if Tibet will be the one chosen - looking at the image, though, so that should be great ! I'll definitely be booking up on the 1st of March !
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 23:34
Looking forward to seeing this, maybe we should all aim for the same night?

Rik
Ranko
#10 · Posted: 15 Jan 2005 08:37
I agree Rik,

Lets see what dates are available come the 1st of March.

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!