Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin et Moi: Short version vs full version?

Tintinrulz
#1 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 02:56
I watched Tintin et Moi the other night when it was on SBS. I found it to be sad but interesting and informative also. I've never seen any footage of Hergé before, and barely any photos of him.

I was wondering if this version is the same as the one that the BBC showed? The SBS version ran for 52 minutes (including credits), but I read that the DVD version is about 72 minutes long.

Was this cut done for broadcasting time to fit it in, or was there some other reason?

Also what information was left out? I'm curious to know.

Thanks!
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 11:09
It hasn't been shown on BBC yet (you lucky Aussies!) which is strange because I would have thought that some TV station in the UK would have picked it up by now.

I do have a 52 minute edit of the film taped from the French station TV5 but this was quickly superceded by the full 72 minute version which was shown in Sweden - so I only watched the short version once and the other at least 4 times. I can't honestly remember what was cut not having compared them. And, as you say, the edits were probably made in order for it to comfortably fill an hour slot - no other reason I can think of.
surjorimba
#3 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 03:49
It's already on DVD? Is it avail on Amazon UK or USA?
thmthm
#4 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 04:43
i think you can still catch it on ebay...
jock123
#5 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 11:39
It is/was only available with the boxed-set of DVDs, as an extra for 5,000 of the first edition, not as a stand-alone release.

Big Ren posted the following info in an old thread:
Possible online availability:
If you look up the box set on hmv.co.uk they call it
"75 Years Anniversary: 11dvd: Box Set."

I’ve not checked to see if it is still there.
OJG
#6 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 12:58
I actually ordered the '11dvd' box set from HMV and it is actually only the 10-dvd set. I spoke to HMV about this and they said that all of the 11dvd sets had been sold out.

How much effort does it take to update that on the website?
jock123
#7 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 17:31
OJG
How much effort does it take to update that on the website?

It’s gone now.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!