Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin in Tibet: What font is the title done in?

thehalfboy
#1 · Posted: 8 Mar 2010 20:46
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me.

For my wedding in the summer, all the tables at the reception are having Tintin books as their names, instead of the usual numbers. I'm making place names for people consisting of the book cover for their table, with the title replaced by their name.

I'm struggling to do one for Tintin in Tibet, though, because the title has such an odd font. I was just wondering if anybody knows where this font can be found, or if it perhaps is a font of a different name, that could be downloaded.

Moderator Note: Please limit any answers to fonts which can be legally obtained and paid for, or which are genuinely open source and free.
It should be noted that the title of the book was hand-lettered, and that such decorative calligraphy is most often custom created for its specific use and is therefore not a face (or "font", if you prefer) which can be found anywhere else.

The Tintinologist Team
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 9 Mar 2010 07:18
Im not sure if downloading the font would be 100% legal

Content removed.

Moderator Warning: Do not give any information on how to obtain illegal material - especially when you yourself have flagged that to do so is illegal! Take this as an official warning.

The Unhappy Tintinologist Team
mct16
#3 · Posted: 9 Mar 2010 16:19
As the moderator points out, Herge must have drawn the letters in the style of Tibetan handwriting but made them appear as Western letters. That often happens.

Since I do not know where you live this might be difficult, but my suggestion would be to go to a Chinese or Tibetan shop, a tattooist for example, and ask them to write out of the name of your guests in Western letters but in Eastern writing style. If you take your copy of "Tintin in Tibet" with you then they might get the idea. You could then scan and copy-and-paste the names into the book covers.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!