Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Memory Test: List the titles of the adventures!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

derdup
#1 · Posted: 21 Jul 2011 06:22
Here’s something you can try during a quiet moment (or just when you’re a little bored)…

Sit down with a piece of paper and try making a list, from memory, of all twenty three completed Tintin adventures. Don’t cheat now! Make sure your book collection is elsewhere when you try this. If you’re anything like me, you’ll finish with at least two titles missing from your list – happens every time I try it!

The real test of your knowledge of-course is to get the books in the correct sequence also. I’d be interested to hear how you get on :)
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 21 Jul 2011 09:16
I don't normally have the best memory but when it comes to things I enjoy, I find it easy to remember those things. I found this test easy. I listed all the titles (without cheating) and in chronological order. Remembering them in chronological order actually made it an easier excercise for me.
De Insula Nigra
#3 · Posted: 21 Jul 2011 21:29
I was able to list all the books, but I switched a few books for a total of 5 books out of place. Thinking of the 3-in-1 volumes helped me put some books in order. The fact that my sister and I don't own all of the books yet actually helped, too, because I could classify the books both into the non-Haddock/Haddock books and those we own/those we don't. I also remembered that we have the five books from Explorers to The Castafiore Emerald, so when I was left with one book missing, I realized it was one of those. It was The Calculus Affair, and I only remembered it when I thought of how Haddock didn't want any more adventures after the moon journey. :-)
derdup
#4 · Posted: 22 Jul 2011 00:26
Hi Tintinrulz and De Insula Nigra,

It would appear you’re both rather good at this little exercise.

I’m not too bad at getting Tintin’s early adventures in the correct sequence, but I’ll get caught out with the newer ones – usually things like Tibet and Red Sea Sharks switched the wrong way around. I’ve been known to put Black Gold in the wrong place also. Perhaps my brain is not hooked up quite right – I've suspected as much for many years now :)
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 22 Jul 2011 05:22
Thanks. I used to be able to remember the years of publication for all the albums (not so much now). I almost got stuck with Tibet and Red Sea Sharks. Something that helped me to remember which came first was that Red Sea Sharks was published in 1958 and Tibet in 1960.
Ayesha
#6 · Posted: 22 Jul 2011 18:59
I got all of the books in order except I switched Red Sea Sharks and Tibet. Half the time I put those two books away I switch them. It seems natural to me that Tibet comes before The Red Sea Sharks!
Aristide Filoselle
#7 · Posted: 22 Aug 2011 12:44
OK. I finally got around to trying this, and was successful. I was a little uncertain about The Black Island and King Ottokar's Sceptre, but it turned out that I had them correct.

I'm not sure whether success marks me out as sad, or qualifies for the "You know you're a Tintin fan when . . ." thread.
snowy_1001
#8 · Posted: 28 Aug 2011 20:13
Now that I tried this, I must say it isn't as easy as it sounds!!!

Despite being a Tintin fan ever since my childhood, I actually had trouble remembering the names of 2-3 books.. :( but thankfully remembered them all in the end.. :D though I missed the order of 2 books.. namely
The Broken Ear and
The Calculus Affair

All in all, not too bad for a first attempt, I guess.. :D

btw does the list of 24 include Lake of Sharks or Alph-Art? Curious..
Tintinrulz
#9 · Posted: 29 Aug 2011 01:51
The list of 24 includes Tintin and Alph-Art. Tintin and the Lake of Sharks wasn't done by Herge.
GSC
#10 · Posted: 28 Jan 2012 16:58
I can say the holl series without mistakes in 24 secends.
Moderator Note: You might manage the entire series in 24 seconds, but we’d ask you to take a little more time with your spelling, please!
The Tidy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!