Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 45 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  44  45  46  ...  51  52  Next » 

Tintin3415
#441 · Posted: 15 Apr 2013 18:13
Hi everyone, I'm 14 and I live in the US. I enjoy photography and drawing. I became a Tintin fan when I went to see the movie. After that I went out and bought all the Tintin books I could find. Sometimes I feel like the only one in the US that knows who Tintin is!

I'm glad I was able to become a member here, and can't wait to talk to other Tintin fans:)
Balthazar
#442 · Posted: 15 Apr 2013 18:23
Welcome, scardanelli, the_maharaja and Tintin3415!
Ivan Ivanovitch Sakharine
#443 · Posted: 15 Apr 2013 20:40
Hi everyone, my name is Ivan Ivanović (yeah, just like the Sakharine guy from the "Unicorn" :D ). I am 24 year old law student from Serbia.

I am Tintin fan since my early childhood when my parents bought me "Cigars of the pharaoh" - one of the few Tintin episodes released in Serbian language. Some 20 years later I am about to complete my Tintin comics collection with the English editions :)
sondonesian
#444 · Posted: 25 Apr 2013 08:36
Hello everybody, I have been a fan of Tintin and co. since I was 8 years old or so.
Now I’m already 24 but still love them very much. Glad to be a part of tintinologist!

*Oh, by the way I'm Indonesian, so that's the reason I chose sondonesian as my username, lol*
Aprilia
#445 · Posted: 10 Jun 2013 19:33
Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum and I'm ashamed to say as a lifelong Tintin fan, I've only just discovered the Tintinologist website!

I'm just on the right side of 40 and was introduced to the Tintin albums on trips to the library as a child along with the Asterix books at the same time. As an adult I started to appreciate the historical and political elements and the genius of Hergé.

A friend and I made the pilgrimage to the Musée Hergé last week in fact and we both thought it was amazing. It's rekindled my interest once more and I came home with some books and other merchandise! I watched the film again yesterday too!

Mark
Fawn_Kadett
#446 · Posted: 10 Jun 2013 21:19
Hey Aprilia! Good to see you made it here and my thoughts about Tintin are the same as yours. I'd imagine that many people of the our age where exposed to the rather deary libraries in the UK with the welcome relief of comic stories.
marsbar
#447 · Posted: 10 Jun 2013 22:51
Welcome to our community, Ivan Ivanovitch Sakharine, sondonesian, Aprilia, and Fawn_Kadett!
Tintinsbrother
#448 · Posted: 22 Jun 2013 04:28
I'm Rodney.
I have all the Tintin books: my favorite is Castafiore Emerald, and my least is Crab with the Golden Claws.
I speak English and Arumbayan!
Sart
#449 · Posted: 5 Jul 2013 07:42
Hi, Tintin has always been my favourite comic book. Well, truth be told Tintin is a hero of mine and that too the first one.
Pahk
#450 · Posted: 16 Jul 2013 12:07
Hi folks!

My name's Venla, I'm about to turn 18 and I'm from Finland. My login is the Finnish name of Skut, just because he was my favorite character as a child.

I think I came across the comics before the TV-series, but I'm not sure. What I do know is that the first Tintin comic I read wasDen svarta ön (The Black Island), in Swedish, because I'm bilingual and speak both Finnish and Swedish fluently. I also remember that the second book I read was Solens tempel (Prisoners of the Sun). My dad once got the books from the library and I just loved them. Too bad I don't remember too much from when it happened, I bet those would be some sweet memories.

The first episode of the TV-series I watched was Explorers on the Moon (in Finnish), part two. I remember that because it's the first episode on our home-made DVD of Tintin. I used to think my dad was silly, putting dates on every disc he made, but thanks to his markings I can conclude I was 9 years old at the time I watched my first episode of Tintin.

It's not until a few years back that I started to get into Tintin again. Actually, it was the 2011 movie "Secret of the Unicorn" that made me watch old Tintin-episodes again. And falling in love with them all over.

Until last month, I had never owned a Tintin album. I was on a trip to Paris with my family and we came across this comic book store. There was a lot of Tintin albums, some manga and a lot of merchandise. I bought 8 of the albums in French (I've studied French for 4 years) and my, was I happy. I still haven't read them all, and sometimes I just look at the pictures when I'm tired of straining my brain into reading French. I love every one of them, and thanks to them I have a larger French vocabulary.

Whoa, that was a long story.

Peace,
Pahk

Page  Page 45 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  44  45  46  ...  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!