Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Artwork Restoration: Did all the colour facsimile editions undergo it?

Pharaoh
#1 · Posted: 10 Mar 2015 18:53
Back in 1996, Casterman went on a restoration process to release a facsimile edition of the 1943 version of "L'ile Noire". I saved a few pages which are now gone from the official site explaining the painstaking digitisation process of the original films, mono-scanning, Prismagic colour separation etc, done in cooperation between Casterman r&d and a company named Europixel. The release of the book was celebrated with numbered commemorative sheets from the story sold to collectors, and of course we saw the stunning book.

The question is, do you know if the subsequent colour facsimiles of other coloured books went through the same process? I didn't hear much about them as they were released in the following years, and it makes me wonder if they were more of a straightforward photocopying or digital reproduction unlike "L'ile Noire". Any information is welcomed.

Thanks.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!