Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin & Captain Haddock Drunk: Does this scene exist in a TV cartoon?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#11 · Posted: 25 Mar 2005 12:41
I don't recall a scene from the Belvision series, as far as I can remember. I own them all, and don't remember a scene like that - although, I wouldn't swear to it. But I don't think there was such a scene ...
Harrock n roll
#12 · Posted: 13 Jan 2006 14:31
Aldora My step mother is claiming endlessly that she remember seeing an episode of 'Tintin' on tv where Tintin and Captain Haddock are walking down an alley or something, absolutely drunk, helping eachother to walk, and singing old sailor songs. (...) Is there anyone who could help me settle this once and for all? Was there an episode of Tintin where the Captain and Tintin are drunk?

Sorry for digging this up after so long but after re-reading this thread it occurred to me that the scene you speak of sounds very much like the one in the 1947 version of Crab with the Golden Claws (see this thread here).

It was resurrected for last years Festival. Tintin and Haddock do get drunk and sing, and Haddock sings a kind of "sea shanty" elsewhere too.

Mind you, your step mother says she saw it on TV and the legend goes that the film was only shown once so I could quite easily be wrong...!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!