Red Rackham's Treasure
- Tintin © Hergé/Moulinsart.
Original French title
Le Tresor de Rackham le Rouge
First appeared in Le Soir between 19/2 1943 to 23/9 1943.
Published in book form in 1944.
1974 - Methuen (London). Translated by Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper and Michael Turner. Colour. 62p. 30cm. Paperback. ISBN: 0416800106.
1990 - Mammoth (London). Translated by Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper and Michael Turner. Colour. 62p. Paperback. ISBN: 0749704632.
Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock set off to find the long-lost treasure of Red Rackham the pirate. From their discoveries in The Secret of the Unicorn, they possess the vital clue to the treasure's hiding-place. But this is no easy search, particularly when the detectives Thomson and Thompson, and Professor Calculus, are in the party. After strange finds on a desert island, and hazardous underwater adventures, the treasure-hunt has an unexpected ending. [AR]
- On Page 5, Frame 1, 10 and 12, and on Page 6, Frame 5, Tintin's hand turns yellow. [SH]
- Calculus is introduced. He has constructed the submarine which is used to find the treasure.
- Calculus offers some of his money to Haddock in order for him to buy "Marlinspike" estate, his "family" estate. [Martin Zechner]
- There is a misspelling on page 11, frame 8: "alcoholic" is spelt "acoholic". This is one of the very few misspellings by the calligrapher, who seems to have drawn in the translations for all the Tintin books in English. [Alan Thomas]
Title in other languages
- Afrikaans - Die Skat van Rachkam die Rooie
- Basque - Rackham Gorriaren Altxorra
- Bengali - Lal Bombeter Guptadhan
- Breton - Teñzor Rac'ham ar ruz
- Catalan - El tresor de Rackham el Roig
- Chinese - China: 红色克拉姆的宝藏 (Hongse lakemu de baozang) / Hong Kong and Taiwan: 紅海盜的財寶 (Hong haidao de caibao)
- Czech - Poklad Rudého raubíre
- Danish - Rackham den Rødes skat
- Dutch - De schat van scharlaken Rackham
- Farsi/Persian - Ganj, hayi rakami surkh
- Finnish - Rakham punaisen aarre
- Galician - O tesouro de Rackham o roxo
- German - Der Schatz Rackhams des Roten
- Greek - O Thisavrós tou Kókkinou Rákam
- Hebrew - Otsaro shel Reckhem Ha'Adom
- Hungarian - Vörös Rackham kincse
- Icelandic - Fjársjóður Rögnvaldar
- Indonesian - Harta karun Rackham merah
- Italian - Il tesoro di Rackam il rosso
- Japanese - レッド・ラッカムの宝 Red Rackham no takara / Reddo Rakkamu no takara
- Malay - Harta karun Red Rackham
- Norwegian - Rackham den rødes skatt
- Portuguese - O tesouro de Rackham o Terrível
- Russian - Sokrovisha Krovavogo Rokama
- Serbo-Croatian - Blago Rakama crvenog
- Spanish - El tesoro de Rackham el Rojo
- Swedish - Rackham den Rödes skatt del 2
- Turkish - Kizil Korsanin Hazinesi
- Vietnamese - Kho Bau cua Rackam rau do
- Welsh - Trysor Rackham goch