Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Facsimile Editions: ISBNs or UPS?

Jon God
#1 · Posted: 12 Oct 2023 05:24
I only just sort of dipped my toe into these, picking up a copy of the English facsimile edition of The Blue Lotus. It mentions all the books between Soviets and The Crab with the Golden Claws. That being said, I can't find record of any of them except (obviously) The Blue Lotus, as well as Soviets, Congo, America and Cigars. That leaves The Broken Ear, The Black Island, King Ottokar's Scepter and The Crab With Golden Claws.

I can't find any actual record of these being published in English, outside of them being listed on the back of The Blue Lotus.

Did these actually come out? Does anyone have the ISBNs or UPCs for them?
Shivam302001
#2 · Posted: 12 Oct 2023 16:52
Unfortunately there were no further publication of English facsimiles after The Blue Lotus. The back of your cover mentions all the books upto The Crab with the Golden Claws because that's how the back of the covers of the original books looked like when they were originally published.

There are French facsimiles of the remaining books available though, so you might want to look into them if you're interested.
Jon God
#3 · Posted: 13 Oct 2023 00:57
Shivam302001
Thank you so much, I've been going insane trying to figure this out for days!
jock123
#4 · Posted: 13 Oct 2023 13:33
THere's always our guide, The Tintin fan's guide to each Tintin album on our Official Tintin Books page - it lists the publication by format, and gives the ISBN where known. :-)
Jon God
#5 · Posted: 14 Oct 2023 05:51
jock123

I somehow glanced right over the ISBNs on the album pages. Thanks though!
dr01
#6 · Posted: 10 Nov 2023 10:53
Found new B&W editions of Land of the Soviets and Blue Lotus, as well as a used copy of Congo.
Have tried to buy Cigars of the Pharaoh, but it's always sold out.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!