Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q26. Asterix and Tintin

Ambrose
#1 · Posted: 24 Jul 2006 18:47
Hi
I hope that this is quite easy, though it does require knowledge of Tintin and Asterix.
There is one Asterix book that Tintin (or at least, something from Tintin) appears in?
There is one Tintin book that Asterix (or at least, something very Asterix-like) appears in?
What are these, and where can we see them?
Mikael Uhlin
#2 · Posted: 25 Jul 2006 10:36
In "Asterix in Belgium", the Thom(p)sons "twins" appears in a panel. I haven't got that album so I can't specify the page but I remember it, including the typical Tintin-balloons.

As a kind of reply to this, there's a person dressed like Asterix in the carnival-sequence of "Picaros", big panel at page 54. Asterix appears close to the reward posters of the Thom(p)sons.
Ambrose
#3 · Posted: 25 Jul 2006 14:46
Correct, Michael Uhlin

In the 24th Asterix book, 'Asterix in Belgium', the Thom(p)sons have a cameo on the bottom of page 31. They appear quite out of no-were in the middle of a row, where they announce, dressed up as Belgian Gauls - 'Julius Caesar has arrived in Belgium - to be precise, Culius Jeasar has arrived in Gelbium'.
The font that they talk in is differant to everyone else's, and of course, they are 'clear ligne' when the rest of Asterix isn't.

And in 'Tintin and the Picaros', on page 54, in the carnival, there is a person in an Asterix costume, who is very near the 'Condemed to death' poster, of the Thom(p)sons.

If I have this right, the Asterix book was written first, in 1970, and Tintin in 1976. But feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#4 · Posted: 25 Jul 2006 21:48
Well done Mikael, one point goes to you and it's your turn for the next question.

While we wait, does anyone know of any other Tintin-related references in the Asterix books, or vice-versa?

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 25 Jul 2006 23:18
edcharlesadams
While we wait, does anyone know of any other Tintin-related references in the Asterix books, or vice-versa?

The only other instance of Tintin in Asterix I can think of is in Asterix the Legionary, where the Belgian recruit has the same haircut as Tintin. I think it's mentioned in our cameo section.

This topic is closed.