Right... Here's the news about tomorrow, that I mentioned here
It's slightly short notice, but here goes!
In The Crab With the Golden Claws
, published in English for the first time in 1958, Captain Haddock made a trip to Broadcasting House in London, to make a radio broadcast on the BBC Home Service.
Tomorrow, for the 90th anniversary of The Adventures of Tintin and Snowy, I'm going to New Broadcasting House, to appear as a guest on several BBC local radio stations! I'll be chatting to the presenters about Tintin, Hergé and the books.
I've made a list of the shows I should be appearing on, and approximate times (if known) for the item. In a small number of cases, I will be recording something for inclusion in a later programme, so don't have details as yet for them. There may be a couple of others, if I am able to schedule them.
If you can't catch them at the time, you should be able to find them for listening to later on the BBC's "Sounds" section of their website (available to anywhere in the world).**12/01/2019 List updated to include links to the BBC Sounds Website**
I have added links to all the programmes upon which I appeared, up to and including a Saturday breakfast show which was broadcast on the 12th, which I think is everything I have done.
I believe that the links should work for a few weeks, if you are interested, but that they may cease to work a month after broadcast. There is no restriction on BBC Radio on the iternet, so it should be possible to access their website and listen wherever you are in the world, unless your local country blocks it for some reason.Thursday 10th January, 201909:00 BBC Radio Cornwall - David White
- piece starts at 2hrs 25mins09:00 BBC Radio Cumbria - Kevin Fernihough
- piece starts at 1hr 46mins09:00 BBC Radio Leeds - The Stephanie Hirst Show
- piece starts at 1hr 23mins09:00 BBC Radio Nottingham - Mark Dennison
- piece starts 2hrs 17mins09:00 BBC Radio Shropshire - Jim Hawkins in the Morning
- piece starts at 2hrs 9mins09:30 BBC Radio Lincolnshire - Melvyn in the Morning
- interview after 46 minutes10:00 BBC Radio Berkshire - Sarah Walker
- piece starts at 40 minutes10:00 BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester - Malcolm Boyden
- piece starts after about 9 minutes10:00 BBC Radio Sheffield - Paulette Edwards
- piece starts at 40 minutes10:00 BBC Radio Suffolk - James Hazell
- piece starts at 1hr 31mins13:00 BBC Radio Oxford - Lilley Mitchell
- piece starts at 1hr 33mins16:00 BBC Radio Scotland - Newsdrive with Laura Maxwell
- piece starts at 1hr 55mins16:00 BBC Radio Wales - Good Evening Wales with Mai Davies and Gareth Lewis
- piece starts 22 minutes in18:00 BBC Radio Kent - The Dominic King Show
- piece starts at 1:30:45, and includes an interview with Jane Taylor of The Tintin Shop in Covent Garden, London.Friday 11th January, 201910:00 BBC Radio Devon - David FitzGerald
- piece starts 13 minutes in.Saturday 12th January, 201906:00 BBC Radio Leicester - Jack Rafferty
- piece starts 2hrs 46mins inStreamingBBC World Service - World Business Report with Mike Johnson
- piece starts at 19 minutes
Hope you can join in at some point! :-)