Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 33 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  32  33  34  ...  64  65  Next » 

IvanIvanovitch
#321 · Posted: 22 Apr 2009 00:26
Now who's this Lieutenant Delcourt mentioned in the above link? I don't recall a character of that name. This article, however, describes him as "[popping] up from time to time to rescue Tintin."
marsbar
#322 · Posted: 22 Apr 2009 01:22
IvanIvanovitch:
Now who's this Lieutenant Delcourt mentioned in the above link? I don't recall a character of that name

Lieutenant Delcourt is the Commander of the Outpost of Afghar. The character appears in The Crab with the Golden Claws.
dreamdust
#323 · Posted: 22 Apr 2009 04:20
The casting of Lieutenant Delcourt is excellent news :D Spielberg is a very serious Tintin fan if he is familiar with a nearly-unheard of character...to me, this is a sign of great dedication! Heck, I've been into the comics for years and had to check who on earth Lieutenant Delcourt actually was...
IvanIvanovitch
#324 · Posted: 22 Apr 2009 06:49
Oh, now I recall. He was a minor character.
I wonder if the Lieutenant will be more central in the movie? I know there's been speculation about Red Rackham (one of his descendants, anyway) as a serious villain. Perhaps Delcourt will be more prominent as well.
Ottokar44th
#325 · Posted: 22 Apr 2009 17:06
Hello, a first-timer here. Cheers, veteran Tintinologists...

Picking up on Delcourt, and some other casting from the IMDB cast list that doesn't seem to have come up yet here yet...Although I am sure someone will let me know if I missed it.

From the IMDB cast list it indeed looks like (as someone pointed out when the casting of Salaad was announced) they'll give us a nice bit of the story from Crab with the Golden Claws, since they have cast Delcourt and another Afgar soldier, and Allan and Pedro from the Karaboudjan (and is this "Ernie" one of Allan's mates as well?)

There was a report of some added characters, including a rival reporter and editor and an Interpol agent (I read it in the Wikipedia article, which cites the Hollywood Reporter).

And they seem to have worked in Castafiore as well, who I think does not appear in either Unicorn story or Crab.

There is also an actor listed as Mr. Crabtree, who neither rings a bell for me or appears in this site's character list. Maybe he's one of the added characters?
jock123
#326 · Posted: 22 Apr 2009 19:08
Ottokar44th:
There is also an actor listed as Mr. Crabtree, who neither rings a bell for me or appears in this site's character list. Maybe he's one of the added characters?

Ah, from The Crabtree With the Golden Claws, no doubt?

Welcome to the forums, your Highness!
greatsnakes
#327 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 01:14
Thanks for the news Ottokar44th!! I love that Castiafiore is making a cameo. Heck, even Mrs Finch! They really do seem to be getting things right. My doubt is turning to excitement more and more. And hey, the magazine with more set pics comes out tomorrow, doesn't it!??
jock123
#328 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 10:23
Well, Empire is out, and while it is good, don't expect to see any pictures in it which shows finished images from the film, because the set photos are of the motion-capture. The writer does say that there were monitors on set, showing CGI figures of Haddock and Tintin in an Arabian environment, but there's nothing actually shown.

The article as I said is interesting, and some insight from Peter Jackson on the books, and the decision to include the meeting of Haddock and Tintin in the new film. He also says that most of the film is Unicorn, with a very little Treasure (plus some of Crab), which would make it seem to the writer that the next one must be Treasure.

As this is the 20th anniversary issue of the magazine it is well worth getting in its own right: Steven Spielberg is guest editor, and there is a lengthy pictorial section which includes a portrait of Messrs Pegg and Frost (the movie Thom(p)sons) reprising their Shaun of the Dead LP throwing poses.

UPDATE: Ooh! I just got to the back of the magazine, and there is a competition to win a Spielberg autographed clapperboard from the Tintin movie! However, it is twenty nit-picky questions long on the subject of Spielberg's career of the last twenty years, and they reckon you can't get by on Google, IMDB etc. to answer them... Good luck!
Bachibouzouk
#329 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 14:31
jock123:
He also says that most of the film is Unicorn, with a very little Treasure (plus some of Crab), which would make it seem to the writer that the next one must be Treasure.

I don't think the second Tintin film will be an adaptation of Red Rackham's Treasure. If the first is Crab + Unicorn + Treasure, that leaves very little material for an entire film based on the remaining part of Treasure. Moreover, I think at the end of the first film Tintin & co will have found the treasure. I doubt the filmmakers will end the movie with a cliffhanger.
jock123
#330 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 14:55
Bachibouzouk:
I think at the end of the first film Tintin & co will have found the treasure. I doubt the filmmakers will end the movie with a cliffhanger.

Well, we obviously won't know for a while, but that is the impression that the article - and Peter Jackson gives:
"We don't do much of Red Rackham's Treasure - we're taking it almost up to the end of The Secret of the Unicorn." - Peter Jackson, Empire Magazine, Issue 240

So presumably they do do something of Rackham, but not the Unicorn + Rackham combination you are suggesting.

Page  Page 33 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  32  33  34  ...  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.