Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 3 of 52:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

DERFALLBIENLEIN
#21 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 09:02
Hi, my name is Mark and I live in Lancashire in the UK and I am 25 years old.
I have been reading Tintin books since I was about 10 years old. Since then I have completed my collection of books in English, and a few in French, one of which is the colour version of Tintin in the Congo, which I bought in Paris a few years ago.
I also have Tintin um die Picaros, the German version and this is where my login came from because The Calculus Affair in Germany is called Der Fall Beinlein and I though that was quite cool.
A few weeks ago I went to the Tintin at Sea exhibition in Greenwich and managed to get a couple of photo's of the model of Professor Calculus' submarine from Red Rackham's Treasure before getting told off by one of the members of staff!
It was worth it though as they came out quite well!
Harrock n roll
#22 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 13:18
Welcome Mark! Your user name caught my eye as I'm learning German, but - forgive me for being a nitpicking smartypants - I think the name is mispelled. Calculus' name in German is "Bienlein" which means "little bee" (cool name don't you think?) - "Beinlein" actually means "little leg"!

Cheers
Chris :)
jockosjungle
#23 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 13:38
Hi Mark

Where in Lancashire aren you? I'm in Preston!!!

Youw were lucky to get a couple of photos of the submarine, I was in the process of taking one when some old lady told me off. Don't really see what the big deal was myself

Rik
admin
Administrator
#24 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 13:52
Welcome to our community, Mark! :)

If you wish, I can easily fix the typo in your username on our system for you - just let me know.

I think Der Fall Beinlein / The Little Leg Affair makes a good title for a Tintin parody.
DERFALLBIENLEIN
#25 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 14:02
Ha ha, cheers Chris, I think I like my login name even more now then!!!! Not that I've got little legs or anything!

Rik, I live in Oswaldtwistle near Accrington and I used to work in Preston so I know it quite well, where abouts do you live? It was quite strange what happened at the exhibition because I paid my fiver and walked round the corner to be greeted by the sub and i thought I've not just driven for 4 hours solid and not get a photo of this, so I went to the gift shop, paid a tenner for a disposable camera and took a photo. When I went into the exhibition itself I saw the sign that prohibited cameras, which was fair enough, and when I came out I took one more photo and then got told off!!! I agree with you though, who cares if someone takes a photo of a submarine from a Tintin book, it hardly marks us out as dangerous!
Harrock n roll
#26 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 14:04
Maybe we could start a gallery of failed submarine photo attempts - I know Garen has a funny one of us... Our faces tell the story...:)
DERFALLBIENLEIN
#27 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 14:04
Admin, I've decided that I would prefer my login to read Der Fall Bienlein, if only for the benefit of any German Tintinologists who might think that us Brits are all crazy!

So if you could change it for me I would be most grateful!

Harrock n Roll wrote: Maybe we could start a gallery of failed submarine photo attempts - I know Garen has a funny one of us... Our faces tell the story...:)

Yeah, the perfect picture of a work of art with some irate jobsworth in the background hopping mad!
carpetseller202
#28 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 23:16
I am Greg, a 12 year old living in Maryland. I have been a Tintin fan since the age of seven, when I read the Crab with the Golden Claws . It was pretty hard to understand at the age of seven, but I still loved it. It was my first Tintin book, and actually my first comic book. Since then, I have read every Tintin except for Congo, Land of Soviets, and Alph Art. I own 18 of the books now, and my favorites are Tintin in Tibet and the Secret of the Unicorn. Another comic series i love is Asterix.
jock123
#29 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 07:41
Hi Greg!
I wonder if you have ever seen the Tintin book or cartoon film “Lake of Sharks”, because you share the same name (Greg, not Carpetseller202), as the guy who wrote the story for it. I think I’d get a bit of a thrill seeing my name at the start of a Tintin movie.
Tintinrulz
#30 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 08:08
I wouldn't want my name associated with that Tintin movie! (LOL) But I know what you mean.

Page  Page 3 of 52:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!