Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Anchor Bay: New Tintin Movie DVD box set (Nov 2005)

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#31 · Posted: 6 Feb 2006 19:08
We have a cover image for the new boxset:

http:// images.play.com/covers/719648m.jpg" (link no longer works)

It's not of the best quality but does confirm the list of episodes.

Ed
Rocky
#32 · Posted: 7 Feb 2006 13:07
Interesting that Sendit.com lists Script (DVD-ROM content) as an extra.

Maybe a mistake as no other site mentions this.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#33 · Posted: 10 Feb 2006 16:06
labrador road 26 said (in this thread):
Tried to google for Tintin and Sony but haven't found any release yet. But I did find this intresting dvd:
http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/films/17196

According to that listing, "all three films are being released in versions never before available, with Prisoners of the Sun featuring several original songs specially composed for the film by Jacques Brel". How many songs did Brel compose for the film? There's Zorrino's Song - cut from the Virgin Video release - and Ode à la nuit, of which only the opening instrumental is heard (the song appears in full on the CD Tintin au cinéma). Does this count as several, since François Rauber composed the music?

The listing states that subtitles are present, and the audio will be in Dolby Stereo 2.0 and (amazingly) optional 5.1 Surround Sound. If that's the case, Anchor Bay have really pulled out all the stops.

And the script is mentioned on there too, so who knows ...
Richard
UK Correspondent
#34 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 17:19
We have a new cover! It looks rather nice too - and they seem to have solved the title problem by leaving them in their original French. And it's PG-rated ... Tintin must contain too much 'mild peril'.
Harrock n roll
#35 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 17:38
Richard they seem to have solved the title problem by leaving them in their original French

Really? I looked at play.com and couldn't read the titles as they were so small on that image. And they still list the titles in English at present, and at Anchor Bay too...

it's PG-rated ...

Ah, I feel a bit sorry for the parents that will have to endure them..! ;) I was watching some Belvisions recently and it made me understand why they only used to last for 5 minutes. That's about how long the average person can withstand before having to switch it off...! To be fair though, the three they have picked are probably the best of the bunch.

'mild peril'

That'll probably be down to the “I love my donkey” song from The Lake of Sharks... :-)
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#36 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 18:01
And it's PG-rated ... Tintin must contain too much 'mild peril'.

The classification details are available to view on the BBFC website:

Mystery at Sharks Lane [sic], classified January 27th.
The Seven Crystal Balls / Prisoners of the Sun, classified January 31st.
The Calculus Affair, classified February 10th.

It seems that The Calculus Affair is to blame for the PG rating, due to its "mild violence and peril".

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#37 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 18:48
Harrock n roll
Really? I looked at play.com and couldn't read the titles as they were so small on that image. And they still list the titles in English at present, and at Anchor Bay too...

You have to really squint at the thumbnail cover. The text is laid out differently to the English translations - L'Affaire Tournesol, Le Temple du Soleil and Le Lac aux Requins.

Ah, I feel a bit sorry for the parents that will have to endure them..! ;).

Admittedly they're not landmarks in animation history, but they're pleasant enough to pass a rainy afternoon (or morning, as five saw fit when they held the rights). I'd have preferred to see the two live action films on DVD - that would really have been something special - but this is nice, and hopefully if it sells well enough Anchor Bay might release other titles. A blue orange, anyone? :)
Harrock n roll
#38 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 19:06
You have to really squint at the thumbnail cover

Crikey, your eyesight is good! But I understand what you mean; squinting at the shapes of the letters it does indeed appear to have the French titles. However, on the links which Ed gave to the BBFC site they're listed in English. Perhaps the cover hints at a French language release?

I notice too from the link Ed gave to The Seven Crystal Balls / Prisoners of the Sun, that the Anchor Bay version is going to be just over 4 minutes longer than the Virgin Video release. So perhaps Zorrino's Song and some other bits have been reinstated.

A blue orange, anyone?

Yes please!
olzen
#39 · Posted: 26 Feb 2006 09:03
No need to squint your eyes at the miniature - have a look at this.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#40 · Posted: 26 Feb 2006 12:53
Harrock n roll
the Anchor Bay version is going to be just over 4 minutes longer than the Virgin Video release. So perhaps Zorrino's Song and some other bits have been reinstated.

I'd imagine that as well as Zorrino's Song, the title sequence will have been restored. If I remember correctly it was cut from the Virgin Video version, and just displayed the title on screen in a font that wouldn't have looked out of place in Pacman.

olzen
No need to squint your eyes at the miniature - have a look at this.

Nice find! It seems Anchor Bay have updated their list of Tintin releases, it now includes full-size covers of this and the new Tintin et Moi. I must say, despite the dubious choice of colour on the new T&M (discussed here), this looks quite a high-quality release.

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!