Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in Tibet: is there a man jumping up and down?

visionary6
#1 · Posted: 15 Apr 2006 13:09
In the first panel on page 62, all the way to the right, on top of the monastery, it looks like there is a man jumping up and down. Perhaps the leviatating monk? I'm not sure. What is it?
SingingGandalf
#2 · Posted: 16 Apr 2006 10:13
Well spotted. I think it looks more like someone jumping up and down than levitating. Maybe they are excited to see Tintin, or they are warning them about the Yeti that lurks around the corner.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 18 Apr 2006 12:37
I think it's supposed to be the monk - when you consider how small it was drawn, it's got as much detail as could reasonably be expected. I wonder what he's had a vision of ...
visionary6
#4 · Posted: 19 Apr 2006 00:22
I looked it over and I definetly think it is the monk. If you look, Hergé uses the same swirl effect under Blessed Lightning when he is levitating. Also, it looks like he is wearing monks robes.
Eugene
#5 · Posted: 26 Jul 2006 23:08
Yeah it is the levitating monk saying goodbye.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!