Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 5 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  Next » 

olzen
#41 · Posted: 27 Nov 2005 08:35
No idea, but I think it might have been The Crab With The Golden Claws since I kinda remember that being my favourite when I was younger.
kelsinator
#42 · Posted: 2 Dec 2005 23:23
I first read the Tintin 3-in-one Book 1... so the very first story I read was Tintin in America, followed by Cigars of the Pharaoh and The Blue Lotus.
ChewyfromAustralia
#43 · Posted: 3 Dec 2005 15:34
The very first one I read was The Black Island, I got that and Explorers on the Moon as a Christmas present ten years ago, and The Black Island even today is one of my favourites.
colbhoy
#44 · Posted: 1 May 2006 17:48
My younger brother collected all the Tintin books. The first one he got (and therefore the first one I read) was Prisoners of the Sun.

And yes, I know this the second part of a two part story but I think my brother just liked the cover. It is still one of my favourites. My brother now lives in Australia, married with a son and has taken all the books with him. However, my 9 year old daughter has started collecting the books (I bought her one to get her started!). She has nine titles and just bought The Seven Crystal Balls at the weekend. Guess what I am buying her tomorrow as a surprise - yep, Prisoners of the Son.
SingingGandalf
#45 · Posted: 1 May 2006 19:28
Mine was 'Tintin in Tibet'. I still have that really tatty old paperback copy with scribble marks and tears. The pen marks eventually came out. It is certainly one of my favourites.
Inoni
#46 · Posted: 2 May 2006 19:50
I unfortunately don't *really* know. My older brother was the first one to get into the Tintin series (thanks to a playmate's parents' recommendation), and he was about three years old when our family got a hold of "The Seven Crystal Balls"...my crazy brother could read ridiculously well for his age. o_O There's probably a good chance that he might have tried to read it to me as a baby (I was born roughly around that time, and he was always trying to "teach" me things), so one COULD say that THAT was my first introduction to Tintin! ^_^ ...I mean, if it happened at all.

In any case, the Tintin series is currently in MY possession, along with the Michael Farr companion and a CD of Le Temple du Soleil, Le Spectacle Musical; big bro still likes 'em, but I'm the one who truly got obsessed...almost 19 years and counting, I suppose. =)
Tintin and Snowy
#47 · Posted: 5 May 2006 03:44
My dad really liked the Tintin series and checked out a book every time he went to the library. I kept asking questions on what it was about. Every day, after he finished a book, he gave me updates on what Calculus was inventing or what mysteries Tintin was solving. I asked him to read me a book when I was about 8 years old. So the first one he read me was The Black Island. My dad does awesome voices for Captain Haddock so its really great to hear him read. The first book I read for myself was Red Rackham's Treasure. And guess what- I just completed my collection of Tintin books. My Grandma got me the last two that I needed : The Crab With The Golden Claws and The Calculus Affair.
tintin rocks
#48 · Posted: 10 May 2006 04:46
I dont know what the first one I ever read was my brother read some adn i started.
Persephone101
#49 · Posted: 13 May 2006 02:13
Dude, Broken Ear, all the way! It was meh, favorite, but now I realy like the Black Island. Lots of action in it, but I don't really like the abrupt shooting in the beginning, but yet it dives right into the story with Tintin being nosy again and winding up in trouble. Tisk, Tisk my little friend.

I have every single book ,and am so proud to have even the first and somewhat obsucre two, The Land of the Soviets and Congo. Ah, I love you Tintin.
SingingGandalf
#50 · Posted: 14 May 2006 10:23
Dude, Broken Ear, all the way

One of my favourites too. It's my favourite episode of the Ellipse/Nelvana series too.

and am so proud to have even the first and somewhat obsucre two

I was too, till I found out that they weren't that rare.

Page  Page 5 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!