Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Not enough Tintin games

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

aliamerjee
#1 · Posted: 18 Nov 2005 11:57
surveying the sites and stores I discovered that there are'nt many games available on the adventures of Tintin. Does anyone knoe of any good new-age Tintin games? If so please inform me.
beinke
#2 · Posted: 18 Nov 2005 13:30
If you're talking about video games, there's supposed to be a new Tintin game coming out on the PS3 when it's released, I think.
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 18 Nov 2005 13:43
New age Tintin games? But Tintin started out in a Catholic newspaper. (lol)

I know of Tintin on the Moon (Spectrum game)
Tintin in Tibet
Prisoners of the Sun (Super Nintendo/PC)

...and Destination Adventure the fairly new PC/other consoles game by Infogrames.
snafu
#4 · Posted: 20 Nov 2005 05:51
But Tintin started out in a Catholic newspaper. (lol)

What does religion have to do with who gets to fool around with Tintin? Wasn't part of the Tintin musical cast Dutch (most likely Protestant)?

Anyway, what does Tintin have to do with the New Age?

Asides, have you heard of The Tintin Games Book? It might be limited to British and to American costumers, though.
celalli
#5 · Posted: 20 Nov 2005 10:37
I bought 'The Tintin Games Book' in the beginning of this year. The games in it are not much complicated, you play it one time to understand.
And I have got 'Tintin Action Play Book 2'. It is more less complicated than the one above. But they have collection value for me.
When somebody says Tintin games, I understand video and computer games. Beinke, it is wonderful to learn that PS3 will include Tintin Games. (PS3 is PlayStation3, right?)
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#6 · Posted: 20 Nov 2005 21:00
Wasn't part of the Tintin musical cast Dutch (most likely Protestant)?

snafu, don't forget that the Tintin Musical in Dutch was done in Antwerp, in Belgium, which is(was) a Catholic (and not Protestant) country.
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 4 May 2006 23:10
You must also remember that Tintin has been around for 75 years and is far from being at the height of his popularity so any chance of masses of games, etc. really rests with the release of a movie (if ever).

If it happens then expect lots of games, both computer, board and book to hit the shops, otherwise I think you could be waiting a long time for anything substantial.

In other news I just got the Tintin in Tibet game for the Gameboy, great fun!

Rik
Tintinrulz
#8 · Posted: 5 May 2006 12:39
There are a severe lack of good Tintin games.
I played the demo of Destination adventure and it made me cringe. Tintin should not collect big shiny Snowy coins! I didn't like the side on view (for a 3d game) either.

chevet, true - but then again both Protestant and Catholic are under the same 'Christian' banner.
Harpy
#9 · Posted: 6 May 2006 15:31
Regarding Tintin games, I would love it if one for the DS ame out x3 I'll have to look out for the Gameboy version, is it Gameboy advance, or the orginal? And also have to try out the PC versions too x3
Tintinrulz
#10 · Posted: 7 May 2006 01:34
Tintin in Tibet and Prisoners of the Sun are quite good games (certainly more fun more me than the Destination Adventure demo I played) but it is rather unforgiving. You get several lives and it's very easy to lose those lives.

Harpy, yes ofcourse it's best to understand a religion through a follower of that religion and not only books. But I know a Mormon or two and a Jehovah's Witness or two and that's what I've discovered. Mormon's class themselves as New Age.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!