Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin DVDs: list of available titles

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 11:30
Not sure how many different Tintin DVD's are actually available to buy around the world, thought it might be worth compiling a list.

The Adventures of Tintin 2004 DVD Boxset R2
The Adventures of Tintin 2004 DVD Boxset + Tintin et Moi R2
The Adventures of Tintin 2004 DVD Boxset R2 (HMV Exclusive)
The Adventures of Tintin 2003 Volume 1 R2
The Adventures of Tintin 2003 Volume 2 R2
The Adventures of Tintin 2003 Volume 3 R2
The Adventures of Tintin 2003 Volume 4 R2
The Adventures of Tintin 2003 Volume 5 R2

Tintin and the Lake of Sharks R1 *

* It's actually the French version, but it has an English soundtrack, it's getting hard to find but can be got for around £11 from www.dvdsoon.com

Let me know if there's any more, I think they released the Blue Oranges/Golden Fleece, but I don't think there's an English ST

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 12:21
There's also the DVD Boxset exclusive to HMV, with a silver cover, and the series on 5 discs, so the addition would be :

The Adventures of Tintin 1991 DVD Boxset R2 (HMV Exclusive)
jock123
#3 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 12:46
It might be useful to give a year of issue for these, just for reference - the 1991 date might mislead some into thinking that was the issue date, rather than the origination date for the series, which is what I think it is.

So the HMV boxed set would be 2003, the new boxed set, and the variant with the "Tintin et Moi" are 2004, but what about the individual disks?

Oh, and are the new sets still issued on the Anchor Bay label?

There has been at least one continental boxed set - there was a set in a wooden crate thing, done as a limited edition.

In re: Blue Oranges and Golden Fleece, these are out on DVD in France, but unfortunately the only language is French for both of these. They have been out in at least two different covers; unfortunately they are at home so I have no other details. Both sets of covers are seen on the fnac.com site.
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 14:08
Jock, are there no subtitles or anything on the French movies? Think I might just get them just to watch them, I already have the French versions of the books

I also edited the first post to reflect the changes

Rik
jock123
#5 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 15:22
Hi Rik!

No, no subtitles - I don't think there are even French sub-titles for the hearing impared.

That seems to be quite common on French DVDs, which rarely seem to have the number of language tracks and sub-title options that UK seem to have as a matter of course. It's a pity, because there are many French films which I'd love to get.

It seems odd, because a disk bi-lingual in French and English would have a wider appeal, I'd have thought, and I know that Fleece was dubbed for English, and perhaps Oranges was too?
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 15:52
Yeh they were both definitely dubbed into English and English albums released of the films.

To be honest I can't see a UK release on the horizon, unless they make the movie, and then they release a huge influx of cash-in releases like the old Spiderman movies when the new one came out.

It's a shame cos I think there'd be a market. It goes with an idea i've been having to start a DVD production company that buys up rights to obscure stuff like this and releases them in a limited run for fans, stuff that wouldn't normally get a full release

Rik
nestor
#7 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 00:59
So the DVD versions of Fleece and Oranges definitely don't have English subtitles?

I was going to order them through Amazon.fr, but if that's the case, I think I'll hold off.

Learning French is looking like a serious option!
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 08:12
I don't know for definite, but I couldn't see them on the Amazon.fr website

Rik
Big Ren
#9 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 10:01
As jock 123 said
No, no subtitles
There are definitely no English subtitles on the official French 'Oranges' and 'Fleece' DVDs

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!