Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

London Tintin Shop: News, your shopper's experience, etc.

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

CalessaSSracer
#11 · Posted: 7 Apr 2006 10:02
yeah its my favorite stop in London! i will post my pic of it tomorrow, with me inside the store drooling

--
Moderator note: Hi, CalessaSSracer, welcome to the forum! Could you please make things easier for people to read, and use standard punctuation and upper- and lower-case letters when posting: not all of our member use English as a first language, so anything that can be done to make things clearer is helpful.
Check the user guide for useful tips and rules on posting! Many thanks,
The Happy Tintinologist Team

--
Reply from poster:
Posted: 8 Apr 2006 13:54:51

To Moderator: Of course!

This picture was taken on March 25 2006 at the Tintin Shop:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/calessa/Europe465.jpg
Stas Werno
#12 · Posted: 9 Apr 2006 20:14
This picture was taken on March 25 2006 at the Tintin Shop:

heheh nice one, that was on a saturday no? i get tell; from the regular lurking in the background :) (im no derren brown)
CalessaSSracer
#13 · Posted: 9 Apr 2006 23:32
that was on a saturday no

Yes it was on a saturday,as you can see I am holding my DVD's. I figured that guy in the background was a regular, seeing as he was chatting it up friendly like with the staff. One of the staff asked me if i wanted to "pose" with the stuffed Snowy! LOL
Charles
#14 · Posted: 11 Apr 2006 10:49
I'm an American but I've been to both the current Tintin store in Covent Garden and the old one in South Kensington. I haven't been to the UK since 1998 (more's the pity!) but when I was there I was very impressed with the Covent Garden shop. Its selection of Tintin merchandise was SO complete! I remember buying "The Making of Tintin: Mission to the Moon" as a birthday present for my brother.

When I was in the UK in 1994 my family visited the South Kensington store, which as I recall was called "The Belgian Trading Company." (Or was that a different store?) I remember being absolutely thrilled to find Soviets and Congo (still rarities in the US even now). If anything, I liked that shop even more. The staff went out of their way to be friendly.

I can't wait to come back and see the Covent Garden shop again!
Stas Werno
#15 · Posted: 25 Aug 2006 19:08
Got a massive delivery today with a ton of new stuff! I'm not sure if all of its on the site yet though...

But they include next years calender / pocket diary

But the most fantastic of them all is a new organiser which has pages full of herge's art, advertisements, designs and so on rather than images copied straight from the colour books.

It is so nice you wouldn't want to write anything in it, really! We're certainly not in ours :)

It's at the top here, it's cheaper than £35 if my memory serves me correctly though - mistake there, maybe £20 we changed it to but don't quote me on that.

http://www.thetintinshop.uk.com/acatalog/The_Tintin_Shop_2007_Calendar s___Diaires_6.html

Sorry if this comes across as shameless promotion, it's not, we just all get a bit excited when a ton of new tintin stuff arrives :D
Tintinrulz
#16 · Posted: 26 Aug 2006 03:03
Looks great, but 'M' sure know how to milk money from us poor fans. It's 35 pounds and it's a bloomin' diary! Not good. Never let it be said that Tintin fans are 'cheap.' lol
Stas Werno
#17 · Posted: 26 Aug 2006 11:26
I've checked and the site wasn't updated, the diary is £19.95, and it's worth it, it's a limited edition to celebrate the centenary, and it is VERY nice.

The stuff can be expensive indeed but pretty much all of it is of great quality, the t-shirts wont shrink or fade and theyre made from a nice cotton for example, rather than a throw away easily worn piece of cloth.
number1fan
#18 · Posted: 26 Aug 2006 17:12
I always go to the Tintin Shop in Floral Street, although they are very kind - they even once reserved Cigars of the Pharaoh and The Blue Lotus for me.
But it is quite pricey - I would love one of their rocket ornaments that they sell, but it's priced well into over £300; I go to college and get £30 a week, so it would take me a long time to save that up.
I heard a couple of years ago the shop was going to shut down due to not much profit - I do hope that never happens.
Stas Werno
#19 · Posted: 27 Aug 2006 11:23
number1fan:
I heard a couple of years ago the shop was going to shut down

The shop goes through that all the time, apparently, but we've been going for 22 years.
Anyway, there's definitely no sign of it shutting down any time soon, we do pretty well at the moment.

How often do you come see us? I've probably met you! Probably met a few of you, actually.
number1fan
#20 · Posted: 27 Aug 2006 19:46
I usually pop in when I go up to that part of London, which is quite a lot but I can't go in there when I have lots of money - I would spend too much!

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!