Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

English 3-in-1 editions reissued including Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#1 · Posted: 2 Sep 2006 21:55
There are several listings on amazon.co.uk which appear to be new versions of the English '3-in-1' editions that include Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art. The listings are as follows:

Volume 1: Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and Tintin in the Congo.
Volume 2: Tintin in America, Cigars of the Pharaoh and The Blue Lotus.
Volume 3: Tintin and the Broken Ear, The Black Island and King Ottokar's Sceptre.
Volume 4: The Crab with the Golden Claws, The Shooting Star and The Secret of the Unicorn.
Volume 5: Red Rackham's Treasure, The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun.
Volume 6: Land of Black Gold, Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon.
Volume 7: The Calculus Affair, The Red Sea Sharks and Tintin in Tibet.
Volume 8: The Castafiore Emerald, Flight 714 to Sydney, Tintin and the Picaros and Tintin and Alph Art.

The release date is given as February 5th 2007. Note the apparently 'new' English titles Tintin and the Broken Ear and Flight 714 to Sydney are being used.

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 3 Sep 2006 01:50
I don't believe that no sooner have I actually gotten round to buying one of the 3-in-1's, I learn they're all going to be reissued. Oh well, at least it'll have the original lettering; I can only presume these will be newly typeset.

Odd how there's only two stories in the first volume and four in the last; essentially we're getting a 'new' volume 1 and an extended last one based on the original series.
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 3 Sep 2006 10:57
It would have been nicer if they put the three new books in one volume, I'm guessing the lengh of Soviets made the two story volume necessary

R
Stas Werno
#4 · Posted: 3 Sep 2006 12:33
Hmm will be interesting to see the cover. there's been a french box set of 3-in-1 books along the same lines, including all 24 books, only instead of awful pastel colours and stamp designs they got a lush metallic blue box and some extra information in the first book. It's lovely.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#5 · Posted: 3 Sep 2006 18:28
This could be nice; but as Richard said, they'll probably all be the re-lettered versions. Although, it will be interesting to see whether or not Soviets will be in a re-lettered form, and if there'll be an introductory section, or extra information scattered between albums.
heruursmith
#6 · Posted: 6 Sep 2006 01:23
I thought Tintin and the Broken Ear was always called that? What is the new title for it in english then?
Is it also just known as: Tintin - The Broken Ear?

Kam
SiHunt
#7 · Posted: 12 Sep 2006 12:57
How can anyone like these books? The artwork is reduced to a smaller size! Sacriledge! I'd rather see the gorgeous frames of Tintin in as bigger format as possible.

Si.
jock123
#8 · Posted: 12 Sep 2006 14:26
heruursmith
I thought Tintin and the Broken Ear was always called that?
It has been open to debate: the cover of the book always just said The Broken Ear as far as can be established, but the thumbnail version as shown on the rear of the albums gave the title as Tintin and The Broken Ear.

SiHunt
How can anyone like these books?
Well for some people it is the cost effective way to get a complete set of albums in hard-back, for others, who may not have the luxury of much space, it also has the advantage of compactness. You could also take them on holiday fairly easily…
Ranko
#9 · Posted: 12 Sep 2006 21:02
Si,

I like the 3-in-1 books for the very reasons jock has mentioned. I got my first books when I was 8 years old and now I'm a few months short of my 40th. I'm afraid that as an 8 year old I thought It was the best thing ever to draw all over the books and leave them lying around all over the place. Unfortunately because of this I'm missing a few (all early 1970's Methuen) whilst others have childish attempts at copying Tintin drawn all over them. To me it was just important to have a complete set of books, and this was the easiest way to do it.

Take it from me, they really are easy to take to the beach on hoilday :-)

Cheers,
Ranko
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 12 Sep 2006 22:13
Yes I have some of the 3-in-1, it was the cheapest way to complete the collection!

R

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!