Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Who here likes Classical music...?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tybaltstone
#11 · Posted: 3 May 2005 23:28
I'm a musician as a hobby only, but my main instrument (bass guitar) isn't suited to classical really, neither is my second instrument... the banjo! I have played Elizabethan songs on the mandolin (in a couple of Shakespeare plays).

The classical music I love is mainly choral, Fuaré's Requiem (in fact I'm a bit of a fan of requiems... Mozart's and Verdi's etc..) but my favourite composer of all is Henry Purcell, with Dido's Lament and Oh Fair Cedaria as a couple of beautiful examples.

I am just starting to play a bit of classical music with a new instrument I am learning - the theremin.
thmthm
#12 · Posted: 4 May 2005 06:52
Hey Charles - thats great to hear theres another "serious amateur" classical guitarist on the board

As far as Requiems - I recently heard Handel's which I liked very much.
Captain Chester
#13 · Posted: 8 Oct 2006 03:44
I do not play any instruments but I love listening to classical music, especially Vivaldi, Beethoven, and Gershwin. I also like listening to a classical guitarist by the name of Rick Foster (anybody heard of him?).

Captain Chester
Furienna
#14 · Posted: 23 Mar 2019 01:10
Well, I don't really play any musical instruments (except for a bit of piano). But I do like some classical music. I think my favorite is "Rondo alla turca" by Mozart (which I can almost play myself on piano). But I also adore "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" by Mozart and "Fuer Elise" by Beethoven.
snowybella
#15 · Posted: 25 Mar 2019 01:04
I can play a little piano, learning the Gayageum, and I can hold a violin bow, but otherwise I'm not that good at other intruments. However, I'm a fan of classical music. Even my dog likes it!

I would reccomend Chopin's "Nocturnes", Beethoven's "Spring Sonata", and "The Gadfly" (I forgot the composer's name - is it Rachmaninoff?).
jock123
#16 · Posted: 25 Mar 2019 11:17
snowybella:
"The Gadfly" (I forgot the composer's name - is it Rachmaninoff?)

It's by Dmitri Shostakovich, and it's lovely; it's easy to forget that, as one tends to think of "classical" composers all being from long ago in history, Shostakovich is a very modern composer, writing scores for film soundtracks.
The Gadfly is an example of his screen work, coming from a 1955 film of the same name; it became famous in the U.K. in the 1980s, when it was used as the theme music for the T.V. series Reilly - Ace of Spies, but I'm fairly certain that there were few people who realized it was only thirty years old at the time.

ClassicFM call him the "the Russian John Williams of his day".
hadtins
#17 · Posted: 2 Apr 2019 06:04
Writing after a long time!

I love classical music too! Especially Chopin's Waltzes, Etudes and Nocturnes, Bach's Sonatas and double violin concertos, Brahms, Schubert, Beethoven (mostly piano pieces), Mozart(piano and violin sonatas), Paganini, Vivaldi... Saint-Saëns' "Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso", Mendelssohn's symphonies, Vivaldi's Summer (Allegro and presto) & Winter (Allegro) are some other favourites. Basically classical music is the only genre of music I love.
I have been playing piano for a few couple of years now (as a hobby), and started playing violin about four months ago, I won't say I'm really good at either of them (though serious at both), but for me there's no better joy than listening to and playing these classics!
Citroen1955
#18 · Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:28
I love Classical music! My favourite composers are: Beethoven, Bizet, and my absolute favourite: Sibelius!!!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!