Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin store in San Francisco

miloumuttmitt
#1 · Posted: 25 Jun 2004 00:45
Today, I went to the Tintin store in San Francisco, California, U.S.A. I got the Red Rackham's Treasure book. They had figures of Tintin, Nestor, Bianca Castafiore, the Thomsons, and Captain Haddock, as well as a life-sized Snowy. But the T-shirts cost $40!!!

Address: 432 Sutter Street, Financial District, San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
advnarayan
#2 · Posted: 25 Jun 2004 05:18
hey,
the best place in Sf is Last Gasp of San Francisco. From here n India, I got SOVIETS and CONGO from them. quick despatch, neat and tidy way of parceling- mighty impressive. highly recommende place to shop for tintin
GurraJG
#3 · Posted: 25 Jun 2004 10:44
Is there a Tintin store in New York, because I'm going there soon?

-Gustav
jock123
#4 · Posted: 25 Jun 2004 11:16
There is a guide to shops here on the site:

https://www.tintinologist.org/guides/merchandise/shops.html

Hope this helps - have a nice trip!
marsbar
#5 · Posted: 25 Jun 2004 11:32
miloumuttmitt wrote:
Today, I went to the Tintin store in San Francisco, California, U.S.A. ...
Address: 432 Sutter Street, Financial District, San Francisco, California, U.S.A.

Can you remember the name of the shop, Miloumuttmitt? I did a quick search on the Web just now, and found 432 Sutter Street pointing to an art gallery, the Cohen-Rese Gallery.

There is an entry for a Tintin shop, Kari'kter', located at 418 Sutter Street in San Francisco in our Tintin Shops Directory, but I am not sure if the shop is still around, because their posh looking web site seems to have disappeared. I also do not know if Kari'kter's New York branch is still open.
miloumuttmitt
#6 · Posted: 25 Jun 2004 18:56
Oh, yes. I forgot the number. It was 418, now that I remember...
And it is called Kari'kter' and is still open.
GurraJG
#7 · Posted: 1 Jul 2004 02:24
I just went to the Kar'ikter store in New York. It's still open, so you may want to change it in the Tintin Stores Section.

-Gustav
admin
Administrator
#8 · Posted: 3 Jul 2004 09:05
Gustav wrote:
I just went to the Kar'ikter store in New York. It's still open, so you may want to change it in the Tintin Stores Section.

Done! Many thanks, Gustav. :) I have also added the Tintin Shop in Stockholm's old town to our directory.
miloumuttmitt
#9 · Posted: 15 Jul 2004 19:10
Well, this topic is proof that the Kar'ikter in San Francisco is still open.And proof?!!! They have a life-size Snowy figure there!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!