Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Hergé: Studios Hergé - how long did it persist?

jock123
#1 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 07:33
I know there was a gap of a few years between the death of Hergé and the studio folding; does anyone know how long, and what they did in that time?

I'm assuming that at least part of it was creating Tintin related material, such as adverts and merchandise, but did the studio have any other output? For example, were the new Quick and Flupke strips by Johann de Moor done at this time?

It seems a great pity the team were broken up, and I wonder if it was ever considered that they could have continued to work together as a commercial entity, just not on Tintin.
marsbar
#2 · Posted: 13 Jul 2004 07:45
jock123 wrote: I know there was a gap of a few years between the death of Hergé and the studio folding; does anyone know how long...

The Studios lasted from 1950 to 1987, so the gap between Hergé's death and the closure would be around 4 years.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!