Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Who has the biggest Tintin collection?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

tintin_in_arcata
#1 · Posted: 8 Dec 2006 02:42
I was just wondering who has the biggest Tintin collection. I know I certainly don't. I've been looking around on the internet to find pictures of peoples Tintin collections, and there aren't that many. How big is your collection?
Jordy
#2 · Posted: 5 Jan 2007 13:50
Mine isn't impressive. Just all 24 books, except for Destination Moon which i believe was stolen. *crys*
(Those 24 include Alph-Art, Lake of Sharks and Land of the Soviets.)
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 5 Jan 2007 19:31
I have 21 books, from "america" to "picaros". I also just ordered the black and white version of "america". I hope to get "soviets" and "congo" soon too.
celalli
#4 · Posted: 6 Jan 2007 11:00
As I know, I have the biggest Tintin collection in Turkey.
My collection consists of 24 official albums, (Turkish, English and German), imitations and reproductions of original albums (during 50, 60, 70, 80’s in Turkey), pirate editions of a period of 60 years,
Magazines with one or two pages Tintin adventure in them, magazines with essays on Tintin,
Some other related books, magazines,
- Tintin Games Book
- Tintin Action Play Book 2
- Jo, Zette and Jocko Mr. Pump’s Legacy Herge
Panpan (Jo, Zette and Jocko) (Turkish). They had translated it as Panpan. The name of adventure is ‘The Valley of Cobras’ Kobralar Vadisi.
- Popol Out West Herge
- The Complete Companion Michael Farr
- Le Musee imaginaire de Tintin Herge
- Kuifje in Portugal �" Tintin au Portugal
- Kuifje in Turkey �" Tintin
- Bob and Bobette The Flying Bed
…
Almost there are 250 pieces in my collection. When someone says Tintin collection, it generally consists also cars, figurines, dvds and etc. My collection consists of official albums, magazines, imitations, reproductions, pirates.
labrador road 26
#5 · Posted: 6 Jan 2007 11:21
The largest collection must without a doubt belong to Moulinsart, too bad we have small to zero chance of seeing it.
tintin_in_arcata
#6 · Posted: 14 Jan 2007 03:03
My collection has grown a bit since I posted this topic. Here it is:

All Tintin books in color (includes Tintin in the Congo)
Tintin in the Land of The Soviets (facsimile),
Tintin in the Congo (facsimile),
Tintin Reporter in the Orient (facsimile),
Tintin and Alph-art,
various Tintin books in Swedish, French, and Spanish,
The Tintin DVDs,
The BBC Tintin Tapes,
2 Tintin reference books,
2 three-in-ones,
2 of the Jo and Zette books,
2 Tintin posters,
All 3 Tintin activity books,
The Tintin and Snowy Games book,
and The Lake of Sharks.

I also hope to get the Tintin Suite by Mats Lidstrom.
jock123
#7 · Posted: 15 Jan 2007 13:41
labrador road 26
The largest collection must without a doubt belong to Moulinsart, too bad we have small to zero chance of seeing it.
That's a little harsh, don't you think?
They have had several major exhibitions to let the public see a lot of their art and artifacts (the 60th Anniversary exhibition in Chelsea, for example, and there is a major exhibition on in Paris at the moment, as well as the Peru exhibition in Canada (which has already been round Europe, as was the Tibet exhibition (which displays many artifacts and the pencils and finished pages of the book), and the At Sea one) as well as smaller ones here and there (the Science Museum, the Institute Française one, plus the entire original artwork for The Blue Lotus on show in Haarlem, from where it will move to Germany).

Add to that the work which has gone into the Chronologie, and we have had quite a few opportunities to see behind the scenes, as it were...

It is also to be hoped that the Hergé museum when it opens will give unrivaled access to the collection on a more permanent footing - so here's to the future!

On the subject of large collections, the chap who, as a little boy, lived next door to Hergé published a book on his collection - not only did he have lots of things - books, toys, comics etc. - he had had Hergé sign most of them. Now that is a collection!
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#8 · Posted: 16 Jan 2007 20:42
On the subject of large collections, the chap who, as a little boy, lived next door to Hergé published a book on his collection - not only did he have lots of things - books, toys, comics etc. - he had had Hergé sign most of them. Now that is a collection!
This guy is, I guess, Stéphane Steeman, chairman of the association "Les amis de Hergé". Steeman sold his collection to Moulinsart and it will probably be shown in the future museum. Before that, I don't think Moulinsart had a lot of objects, books, newspapers (Petit vingtième, Coeurs vaillants,...). But Moulinsart (or Studios Hergé)have lots of original drawings.
catintin
#9 · Posted: 17 Jan 2007 03:05
celalli
Mr Steenman, ADH President, has the biggest collection related to Tintin, as Mr Pollet from Casterman.
I know Mr Pollet´s Collection, and it's so impresive - he has the biggest file of Hergé´s letters, and the most important collection of Casterman Editions. A few years ago he made a big exposition of his collection.
Tintinrulz
#10 · Posted: 17 Jan 2007 06:31
My collection is fairly small.

Books: (most of the graphic novels)
Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (1998 print)
Tintin in the Congo (1991 print)
Tintin au Congo (French)
Tintin in America
Cigars of the Pharaoh
The Broken Ear
The Shooting Star
Red Rackham's Treasure
The Seven Crystal Balls
Prisoners of the Sun
Destination Moon
The Calculus Affair
Tintin in Tibet
The Castafiore Emerald
Flight 714
Tintin and the Picaros
Tintin and Alph-Art
Tintin and the Lake of Sharks (it's 2nd-hand, honest!)

Jo, Zette and Jocko Books:
Destination New York (2nd-hand)
The Secret Ray

Reference Books:
Tintin and the World of Herge by Benoit Peeters (English - Michael Farr)
The Pocket Essential Tintin
Tintin: The Complete Companion by Michael Farr

The Eclipse/Nelvana DVDs
Complete series

Belvision Videos:
The Black Island, The Crab with Golden Claws, The Secret of the Unicorn/Red Rackham's Treasure, Destination Moon/Explorers on the Moon, The Calculus Case

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!