Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

BFI Tintin Night at the National Film Theatre, London, 5 March 2007

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 12 Feb 2007 19:30
The BFI in London has a special Tintin Night coming up at the NFT.
The Poet Zloty
#2 · Posted: 13 Feb 2007 10:58
[Post moved to pre-existing thread by Moderator]

Hi folks,
Did you know that the BFI are screening the ultra-rare English Language version of "Tintin and the Golden Treasure" (1961) (aka "Tintin and the Golden Fleece") live action film? Also other rare TV footage in a whole night devoted to Tintin....
See you there!
Details: http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/nft/film/7239
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 01:15
Thanks for the info!

I'm looking forward to seeing Tintin and the Golden Treasure again!
jock123
#4 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 09:22
I don’t think I am aware that it was ever called Tintin and The Golden Treasure - I’m sure the BBC showed it as Tintin and the Golden Fleece, and the book was called Golden Fleece.
In fact, given the nature of the twist in the plot, it rather loses the point…

But I will certainly go to see it!

Update: I now realise that I was told this before, and obviously didn’t take it in at either the time I was watching it, or when the post was made… d’oh! The old memory plays tricks! Apologies to Richard!

The BFI have it on their database as Tintin and the Golden Treasure.
The Poet Zloty
#5 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 10:17
The copy that's being screened came from the BBC, and, intriguingly, only features the title "The Golden Treasure"...I suspect it is the only English language print in existence...
jock123
#6 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 11:14
The Poet Zloty
I suspect it is the only English language print in existence...

I think there used to be a copy which was available for Saturday Morning matinee type events - I think the GFT in Glasgow showed both pictures in that slot. They certainly showed Blue Oranges. Sad if these have bitten the dust.

I’m surprised (in a good way!) that the BBC had the copy being shown - I made enquiries of their holdings a few years back, and they didn’t seem to have anything other than things like news features and interviews, so it's good to know that that has surfaced.
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 20:04
What night is this on at?

R
marsbar
#8 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 21:25
Tintin Night is on Monday, March 5th, 2007.
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 15 Feb 2007 19:38
Cheers for the date, spookily I am visiting my brother in Oxford that weekend and I think I can actually make it!!!!

Anyone else planning to attend?

R
number1fan
#10 · Posted: 15 Feb 2007 19:53
I wonder if BFI will realese the golden treasure on to dvd the bfi have some real gems out there on dvd.

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!