STRIP ART FEATURES
HEAVY METAL
DRAWN AND QUARTERLY
PANTHEON
ASP
MARVEL - recently published XIII
xaaa
#12 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 11:45
Thanks and don't hesitate if you have other ideas. ;)

That is very usefull !!! And could you also give me old ones please as for asterix, tintin,...

ps: you definitly have to read "Ordinary victories" from Larcenet !!

It is for work. I work for Galway County Libraries.I am Belgian and I hope now to convince my boss to buy some of these comics.

--
[Edited by Moderator to combine 2 consecutive posts.]
bibek
#13 · Posted: 20 Feb 2007 08:33
Hey! If u r European Comic lover, then I would suggest u to go through this archive.
www.dupuis.com
Fixed broken link

Moderator Note: Hi bibek! Please try and use standard English and spelling when posting, as explained in the Forum Posting Guidelines and forum rules. Many Thanks!
The Happy Tintinologist Team
xaaa
#14 · Posted: 20 Feb 2007 10:21
Hi, could you also give me the name(ands website?) of the editor of Leonardo (see 1st page) and Spike and Suzy? Thank you.

I can't find that on the net.
xaaa
#15 · Posted: 21 Feb 2007 10:24
Hey! If u r European Comic lover, then I would suggest u to go through this archive.
http://www.dupuis.com/servlet/jpecat?pgm=VIEW_COLLECTION&lang=UK&COLLE CTION_ID=5&startswith=1

Is it just Dupuis editor because the link arrive on an error page?

Moderator Note: The broken link is now fixed.
george
#16 · Posted: 21 Feb 2007 13:16
Hi, could you also give me the name(ands website?) of the editor of Leonardo (see 1st page) and Spike and Suzy? Thank you.

Try Amazon; they're usually a good source of this kind of information.

Spike and Suzy: Intes International

Leonardo: Darguad International

George
BDFAN
#17 · Posted: 26 Feb 2007 06:55
xaaa,
I agree with you on Ordinary Victories. It's one of the better books I've ever read and I highly recommend it too.
I just finished reading Aya (published recently in English by Drawn and Quarterly) and I think it's very similar to Ordinary Victories but with different adult topics. I recommend you read it too.
As for the older publishers who attempted to translate European BD's into English, there are many of them. Many companies have tried in the past and failed miserably. There are tens of these companies. I would have to look through my collection but I would recommend you search for these:
humanoids publishing/DC
Fantasy Flight publishing
Catalan Communication
Fantagraphics
Dark Horse/Venture comics
ibooks
schnelle
#18 · Posted: 26 Feb 2007 14:23
Did anyone mention Francois Schuiten (Belgian!) and Benoit Peeters (TINTIN connection!)?

Their Cites Obscures series (Cities of the Fantastic) of graphic novels have some with English translations. There could be more but I have seen:

The Great Walls of Samaris
Fever in Urbicand
Brusel
The Invisible Frontier

Perhaps all four published in English by NBM.

Peeters just came out with a book summarizing Schuiten's work IN ENGLISH!!!

The Book of Schuiten (Hardcover)
by Benoit Peeters
Hardcover: 136 pages
Publisher: NBM Publishing (Aug 1 2004)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1561634026
ISBN-13: 978-1561634026
Product Dimensions: 31.5 x 26 x 2 cm
xaaa
#19 · Posted: 8 Mar 2007 11:55
Thank you very much all! Now, I have to convincve my boss to order some of these comics for our public library! Not easy.

By the way, for the Ordinary Victories, you don't know a publisher in England, because the only one I found is in Usa and I would like to order from closer (if my boss is ok)?
george
#20 · Posted: 9 Nov 2007 14:45
CINEBOOK - probably the best one right now

At the risk of sounding like a company spokesman, I'm really enjoying the range that Cinebook have been publishing.

I've just picked up their first volume of Papyrus - PAPYRUS - THE RAMESES REVENGE. It's very much in the ligne claire style and, though aimed at a younger audience - or perhaps it's fairer to say the stories are less complex than Tintin - it's a lot of fun.

Incidentally, Cinebook have massively expanded their publishing plans. Check out the updated home page; I'm pleased to see Iznogoud again (even though I've all the previous publications) and Largo Winch looks good.

George

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!