Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin events at The Cartoon Museum, London

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Harrock n roll
#1 · Posted: 1 Mar 2007 16:26
Michael Farr will be giving a talk on the 24th of May, at 6.30 – 7.30 pm at The Cartoon Museum.

If you’re in London, or just passing through, you must visit the Cartoon Museum. It’s located near the British Museum at 35, Little Russell St. and has been there for just over a year now. The collection they have is fantastic; everything from works by Gillray to original artwork from The Beano. The Museum also hosts short-term exhibitions of a particular artist or genre. If you like comic strip/caricature and are interested in seeing original work, principally by British artists, get on down there. And you might even bump into me as I occasionally work there!

I can report that the museum is planning to hold other Tintin related events and/or small exhibitions this year, but nothing definite yet. Watch this space!

A Hundred Years of Hergé, 24 May 2007 6.30 – 7.30 pm
Adults £6, Concessions and Students £5, Friends £4

The normal admission price for the Museum is £3.00 for adults, £2.00 for concessions, and free for students, under 18s and Friends of the Cartoon Museum.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 1 Mar 2007 16:34
Harrock n roll
And you might even bump into me as I occasionally work there!

I can vouch for that, it is true: it happened to me.
But don’t let that worry you - I got over it very quickly, and it’s still worth the visit…! ;-)
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 1 Mar 2007 20:55
Cheers, didn;t know this existed. May check it out before I go to the Tintin cinema night!

R
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 2 Mar 2007 12:49
May check it out before I go to the Tintin cinema night!

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that the Museum is open Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30-5:30 and Sunday 12-5:30. Monday is the one day it isn't open unfortunately.
castafiole
#5 · Posted: 2 Mar 2007 15:27
Does the Cartoon Museum post such things on their website for those of us who can't make it across the big pond in time for the talk? Or will a video of the talk be made available somewhere? I'd really like to see it, but can't afford the plane fare.
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 3 Mar 2007 10:28
Cheers for the info H&R, saved me a trip down there!

R
jock123
#7 · Posted: 7 Mar 2007 13:29
The event has now been advertised on Objectif Tintin! The museum’ll have to put out extra seats at this rate!
Harrock n roll
#8 · Posted: 13 Mar 2007 21:04
The Cartoon Museum was featured in The Politics Show last Sunday. You can still get a few glimpses of the Museum by watching the clips at this link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/6420981.stm
tomtom
#9 · Posted: 17 Mar 2007 20:41
Does the Museum have a website?
Harrock n roll
#10 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 11:48
Does the Museum have a website?

Indeed, it does. http://www.cartooncentre.com

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!