Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q219: Something rather unusual to see

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#11 · Posted: 12 May 2007 17:35
I think, that Thomson is on the deck and Thompson is under the water. So Thompson suffers and Thomson not, in Treasure, 49. On 51 nothing happens. Is he Thomson or Thompson on the deck? It looks Thomson to me. I'm not the judge, and I don't understand things here any more, so whatever happens suits me well. I won't set a question in the evening.

My point is the one (Thomson) who suffers must have a curved moustache. Does the one on the deck have a curved or straight moustache? If curved i'm correct, if straight toydreamer is correct. I didn't critisize anybody's answer. Do you see my point balthazar? :-)
Balthazar
#12 · Posted: 12 May 2007 18:51
I see your point now, Tuhatkauno. The problem was, I didn't read waveofplague's original question properly! I was thinking it said "name an instance where either Thomson or Thompson suffers but the other one doesn't." But now I see it specifies that Thomson must be the one who suffers, and Thompson the one who doesn't. Doh!

So, assuming your moustache-based identification is correct, Toydreamer's answer would indeed fail to qualify, and yours would be the first correct one. Sorry about that. Ignore my last post. I'll stay out of it and let you people with working brains carry on. Clearly I need a sauna!
tuhatkauno
#13 · Posted: 12 May 2007 19:05
Thanks Balthazar

I thought I have lost my mind and everybody else was speaking different language. The scene in Toydreamer's answer is obcure, it is impossible to say who is Thomson and Thompson. It seems probable that Thomson is on the deck, doesn't it? Whatever let's wait the Jugde.

Sauna might do you good, it doesn't clear up your mind, on the contrary, you feel bit intoxicated without alcohol. :-)
toydreamer
#14 · Posted: 12 May 2007 23:34
Let me know if it's mine.

Sheesh.

Think I'll just skip the sauna and start drinking.

(If my answer is unclear, surely it can be just as right as it is wrong.)
tuhatkauno
#15 · Posted: 13 May 2007 07:30
Hi toydreamer

Wageofplague asked where Thomson suffers. Your answer would be perfect if Wave would have asked where one of the twins suffers. Now, please look at the police on the deck (pg. 49). He has a curvy moustache rather than straight. So it is unprobable that it is Thomson who is in the divingsuit.

Don't take this case personally. I know you like to be accurate too and that's what this is all about here. :-)
tintinspartan
#16 · Posted: 13 May 2007 11:03
Hello, when's the next ? would be up?
tuhatkauno
#17 · Posted: 13 May 2007 11:56
hello happies again

Who has the turn? The Team, could you come here and help us out of this. I would be more than happy to give the turn to toydreamer, it isn't possible, i'm not the judge. Just come here and put the end to this mess.
tintinspartan
#18 · Posted: 13 May 2007 14:07
Oh boy, stop about sauna. Well, hurry up and finish da' matter of. I'm like a train held back at depot.
tuhatkauno
#19 · Posted: 13 May 2007 19:45
If you mean me, tintinspartan, I can't finish da' matter of. As I said I would give points and turns off to put the end to this ...
waveofplague
#20 · Posted: 13 May 2007 23:41
Let me know if it's mine.
Sheesh.
Think I'll just skip the sauna and start drinking.
(If my answer is unclear, surely it can be just as right as it is wrong.)

Sorry toydreamer, it's not yours. Your answer wasn't unclear, it was incorrect. As was stated above, it's Thompson that's underwater, and I asked for an instance in which Thomson suffers and Thompson does not. I corrected myself and I believe the point and turn should go to kauno.

Relax, guys. It's just a game and I think people are starting to take it too seriously. Sorry about the confusion.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

This topic is closed.