Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q220: What is it?

tuhatkauno
#1 · Posted: 14 May 2007 07:40
Hello

Valuable in a sack, not on a hat! What is it?

The answer is one word. The question is based on one scene, which appears on one page. So please give the album and the pagenumber too, so that it would be easy to check out if your answer differs from mine.

This should be easy and sorry for the overheated Q219. It happens (especially to me). :-)
tintinspartan
#2 · Posted: 14 May 2007 08:53
Snowy was in a sack 2 times: One in Tintin in America and Land of Black Gold. In other words.

1. Tintin In America: One of the gangsters have kidnapped Snowy and was carrying snowy in a sack or parcel.

2. Tintin: Land of Black Gold: Snowy was kidnapped by a sailor on board the Speedol Star. Tintin mistakes Snowy bean beaten with a man killing mice and chases Tintin. Tintin crashed down the staircase. The kidnapper was making his way with Snowy when the man batonned the kidnapper and crashed to the floor with Snowy in a sack.

Well, one is an absolute answer and one is not sure.
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 14 May 2007 09:09
hi Spartacus

Milou is definitely in a sack (Back gold 12-13, America ?), but what about "not on a hat". I cannot see the connection. I'm sorry but you didn't score you hit the goalpost this time. Thanks for an answer. :-)
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 14 May 2007 09:48
tintinspartan
The answer is one word. The question is based on one scene, which appears on one page. So please give the album and the pagenumber too, so that it would be easy to check out if your answer differs from mine.

Please read the question, tintinspartan. tuhatkauno is after one word from one scene from one book. You have also completely disregarded the hat connection.
As the mods have said previously, we have had a hard time with the last few questions, lets not have to keep on reminding people to be careful when setting and answering questions.
toydreamer
#5 · Posted: 14 May 2007 14:44
My answers a bit shit... but I'll go with

Guano

Thomson and Thompson (both in this case - lol) get a free sample on their hats, whilst there are bags of Guano about on the pier. It's in "Prisoners of the Sun". Page 4 I think (using the 3 in one books so may not be exact)

(Good question)
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 14 May 2007 15:10
Well done Toydreamer, it was an upper corner shot (like 2002 UCL final, Zidane 45' 2-1 to Real Madrid, Carlos passed)

A point and the turn to you, Dreamy. :-)

This topic is closed.