Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

The Young Vic: "Hergé's Adventures of Tintin" is back on stage!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Alix
#1 · Posted: 14 May 2007 16:55
You may already know but the UK stage adaptation of Tintin is back after its successful run at the Barbican. The show runs from 28 July until 11 August at Watford Palace Theatre.

For more info and to book tickets: Box Office 01923 225671
jock123
#2 · Posted: 14 May 2007 23:46
Alix
You may already know
Many thanks for that, Alix – I for one didn't know about it, so I'm grateful for the info!

Welcome to the forums (although to an ancient Gaul such as yourself, the forum probably needs no introduction!)!
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 15 May 2007 08:46
And seeing as I missed out on the Barbican, I believe I shall be making my way to Watford.

Thanks for the info, Alix.
tintinspartan
#4 · Posted: 15 May 2007 11:47
So what's the name of the musical?
jock123
#5 · Posted: 15 May 2007 14:38
tintinspartan
So what's the name of the musical?
It isn't a musical, as such, it is a play, with a little bit of music; and the name is in the header of the thread - Hergé's Adventures of Tintin. It's a stage version of Tintin in Tibet.

Just follow the link to the theatre which Alix supplied.
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 15 May 2007 19:56
Maybe it's going on tour?

R
marsbar
#7 · Posted: 20 Jul 2007 08:20
jockosjungle wrote: Maybe it's going on tour?

Yes, the show is touring the UK - see Hergé's Adventures of Tintin/ Tintin the Show for tour dates.
[Information courtesy of Andy Locke of Target-Live.co.uk.]

According to Ben Chamberlain of The Corner Shop PR, "Hergé's Adventures of Tintin" will also be playing in the West End of Londinfor a limited season over Christmas.
SmartTintin
#8 · Posted: 3 Aug 2007 22:01
Will there be a video available of the play in the near future? It would be great for Tintin fans across the world who cannot watch the play. Any idea?

Thanks!

To Moderator:
This is not a request for a pirated version of the play. After their shows are over, the organisers can think about releasing it on a DVD.
Harrock n roll
#9 · Posted: 4 Aug 2007 11:45
The Press Night of the Young Vic's production in Watford was held on the 1st of August. Click here to read a review from the BBC Three Counties website.
Brian Bollen
#10 · Posted: 10 Oct 2007 18:24
Is it actually any good???

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!