Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q222: Where's Boris?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Ranko
#1 · Posted: 15 May 2007 17:58
Lets have another rather simplistic one to keep things moving.

Where can we find Boris now?
alvarolino
#2 · Posted: 15 May 2007 18:27
if you are looking for Colonel Boris/Jorgen, the answer maybe can be IN HELL!!!... since he was shot through the heart in Explorers on the Moon... Poor devil...
labrador road 26
#3 · Posted: 15 May 2007 18:58
Or in a traitors grave in Syldavia or perhaps a military cemetary in Borduria.
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 15 May 2007 19:54
Won;t his body be orbiting earth? Didn't they chuck it out the spacecraft?

R
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 15 May 2007 20:54
jockosjungle
Won;t his body be orbiting earth? Didn't they chuck it out the spacecraft?

Quite correct that man! Well done!

Good attempts alvarolino and labrador, but check out page 53 of Explorers. Jorgens body gets left in space. Technically he should still be orbiting the earth; although that could be the subject of a new thread...
So, before that happens, a point to you, jockosjungle and the question setting duties please.
yamilah
#6 · Posted: 15 May 2007 21:26
Imho, it would be much more 'simplistic' to find Boris at his mother's place, in Borduria...

see The Calculus Affair (p.26).
Ranko
#7 · Posted: 15 May 2007 21:33
Ah Yes, but my Boris would never submit to servitude, yamilah :-)
yamilah
#8 · Posted: 15 May 2007 21:40
Ranko
Ah Yes, but my Boris would never submit to servitude, yamilah :-)

Err... wasn't he employed by Musstler in Ottokar's Sceptre, then by Miller in Explorers on the Moon???

Mind you, I think my Boris matches your question best!
yamilah
#9 · Posted: 16 May 2007 15:29
Ranko
Ah Yes [it would be much more 'simplistic' to find Boris at his mother's place, in Borduria... see The Calculus Affair (p.26)]

I suppose your Ah yes implicitly means I can set Q223; I'll be back soon.
Ranko
#10 · Posted: 16 May 2007 16:52
My Ah yes meant nothing of the sort. You cannot take a turn of phrase as an affirmation.

I'd already given the point to jockosjungle as he answered correctly, given the example I was thinking of. The fact that the first two replies to my question alluded to Boris/Jorgen proves that this was primarily the character they were thinking about. NOT Topolino's servant. I think the difference between an Aide-de-camp(Jorgen) and servant(this is how Topolino refers to Boris) is quite pronounced, don't you?

I also don't think you should take it upon yourself to ask the next question without some sort of ruling by the mods.
Have you spoken with jockosjungle to see if he is happy for you to ask the question? I mean, no-one apart from you has questioned my ruling, so as far as I can tell Q223 is null and void until jockosjungle sets the next one.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »