Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q223: Driving Miss Snowy!

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 16 May 2007 19:51
OK I suppose I can set the next question, quite a simple one I think.

Often Snowy can be seen in various vehicles, but can you name the page number and book in which we can see Snowy looking like he is the driver of the car?

R
waveofplague
#2 · Posted: 16 May 2007 20:15
How about Calculus Affair, p. 22, at the bottom when the car's skidding off the road?
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 16 May 2007 20:16
black gold, 36

Milou is "driving" Abdullah's car
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 17 May 2007 20:26
One point to Tuhatkauno!

Sorry Waveofplague, I see no evidence that Snowy is driving there but nice guess!

R
jock123
#5 · Posted: 18 May 2007 09:16
jockosjungle
can you name the page number and book in which we can see Snowy looking like he is the driver of the car?
Ah how my heart takes a lurch when a phrase like looking like appears in a trivia question - sbjectivity! But I think you got away with it this time, Rik…
Well done, Tuhatkauno!
waveofplague
How about Calculus Affair, p. 22, at the bottom when the car's skidding off the road?
This answer has me baffled, as the bottom of p.22 in my edition is Captain Haddock trying to gain entry into Professor Topolino’s house, with not a car to be seen. I bring this up only because any number of pages in this book seem to end with a vehicle careering into, round or through something, that to have hit on a page where this doesn’t happen is a bit of an achievement! If you meant p.20, then you can’t see Snowy as the taxi goes into the lake, and he’s obviously not the driver of the car on p.21, who is identified as Stefan. So, just out of interest, which page did you mean?
toydreamer
#6 · Posted: 18 May 2007 21:25
Woah Woah.

In the 3 in ones page 22 is correct. In the standard ones, page 20 is correct.

My 3-1's start on page 3, as they number the title page, and so are 64 pages long.

My big ones don't number the title page and therefore the last page is page 62.

That would be the difference. :)
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 19 May 2007 13:29
can you name the page number and book in which we can see Snowy looking like he is the driver of the car?
Ah how my heart takes a lurch when a phrase like looking like appears in a trivia question - sbjectivity! But I think you got away with it this time, Rik…

I didn't feel like a massive long debate about whether Snowy was driving a car or not considering he is a dog. So I stuck the looks like in there!

R