Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin & Friends: How old are they?

Page  Page 2 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

tintin_fanatic
#11 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 02:21
I've always seen Tintin to be around 20 tops, Captain Haddock in his early forties and Professor Calculus in his late forties.
jock123
#12 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 10:35
miloumuttmitt said, back at the start:
Tintin is clearly 15 or older, as he was seen driving a car in the Blue Lotus
Could you put us out of our misery (well Gustav and myself), and tell us why that is proof of his being 15? We’d like to know!!
nestor
#13 · Posted: 13 Jul 2004 23:08
hi this is my debut post, so go easy on me!
for me tintin is early 20s (maybe late-teens earlier on), haddock is late 40s early 50s and cuthbert calculus is in his 60s.
its strange, but with no prompting, thats how i've always placed them, so its interesting seeing these other opinions.
miloumuttmitt
#14 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 02:26
Well, you lot of Ku-Klux-Klans, a person learns to drive at 15. Tintin drives quite well, so, billions of blistering bubonic barnacles, he is clearly 15 OR OVER!!! Have you spotted "or over," you nit-witted ninepins?! Bashi-bazouks! Abecedarians! Aldulovians!
P.S. Nestor, I'm not talking to you.
nestor
#15 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 03:29
thanks miloumuttmitt, i was wondering what i'd entered into here!
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#16 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 09:26
Well, you lot of Ku-Klux-Klans, a person learns to drive at 15.

I'm sorry, Miloumuttmitt, but here in Tasmania people normally learn to drive at 17 or 18 years of age. I'm 19, and I havn't learnt to drive yet.

The age at which people learn to drive differs widely from country to country, which is why people are confused.

Paul
jockosjungle
#17 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 11:20
Can you drive at 15 in Belgium then?
To be honest the books were set from 1929 and I know rules for drivers were much laxer then than now. I'm not even sure if you needed a licence to drive.
Rik
jock123
#18 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 12:47
miloumuttmitt errupted:
a person learns to drive at 15. Tintin drives quite well, so, billions of blistering bubonic barnacles, he is clearly 15 OR OVER!!!

No need to shout, miloumuttmitt, we are only asking for clarification. Assuming that your outburst was in fun (although it was hard to tell), I was not aware that there was a country in the world where anyone learned to drive officially as early as 15.

Of course, many children who are much younger both know how to drive and drive reasonably well, either because they work on farms etc. with private roads, or because they are car thieves, and steal ’em. Tintin falls into the category of a thief, so he doesn’t need to be legally a driver either. I don’t think you are offering proof of his age at all.

Clearly you don’t think we read your post properly, but I’d point out that I don’t think you read any of ours either, as all you have done is repeat your initial statement in block-capitals, without answering any of the points raised by other people (I’ve already made the point about legality not being a big issue to someone who has stolen a car…).
jayesh_gokhale
#19 · Posted: 4 Sep 2004 13:59
I would put Haddock well beyond 50 (dont forget he has retired from Merchant Navy). Calculus on the contrary might be 5 years younger than Haddock.

Tintin might be 18-25.
Hicks233
#20 · Posted: 5 Sep 2004 14:46
Hello, just signed up. Really nice forum. Ooops, I'm waffling.

Tintin, I'd estimate at 23-24. Haddock 46-50 and Calculus, 50-55.

Just a little thought, I was looking through The Seven Crystal Balls last light and thought Flaconer had a really nice living room, esspecially the fireplace.

Really pleasant forum here, congratulations!

Page  Page 2 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!