Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q225: The writings on the wall for someone...

toydreamer
#1 · Posted: 18 May 2007 21:37
A quick one before I step out the door. Will save a cunning one for some other time and try to keep the ball rolling. Here goes:

BANG THUMP ZZING CRACK

Who died?

Book and Situation, please :)
alvarolino
#2 · Posted: 18 May 2007 23:03
Red Rackham in The Secret of the Unicorn, page 25... when Captain Haddock simulates the final blow against him.
waveofplague
#3 · Posted: 19 May 2007 00:01
You edited that just in time, alvaro. I was hot on your trail. ;)
toydreamer
#4 · Posted: 19 May 2007 06:34
Nice work alvarolino. Point and next question duties.

(Now to plot the most cunning question of all time... and cross my fingers I can answer another question at some time. :) )

Go Chelsea!
tuhatkauno
#5 · Posted: 19 May 2007 08:38
Moi!

What is the connection of "The writings on the wall ..." to the question "Who died"?

I know it is just a title of Q but it bluffed me completely. I rejected many scenes including the right one and the best I found where is writing on the wall is in Ear, 53 & 61, but it is no good eather.

I'm very happy with the judgement but I'm curious to know if there is something I missed, language problems again.

eagerly waiting for the cunning one
tuhatguano :-)
yamilah
#6 · Posted: 19 May 2007 10:59
tuhatkauno

Google can help you: this English expression "suggests a portent of doom or misfortune", as explained on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_writing_on_the_wall
tuhatkauno
#7 · Posted: 19 May 2007 11:08
Thanks yamilah, everything is clear now. :-)
toydreamer
#8 · Posted: 20 May 2007 03:40
Yep. As above... "The writings on the wall..." can be the end of someone or something bad ... and the painting is something on the wall. :)