Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q251: What page?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#1 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 19:02
I know this is stupid Q, but I'll try it anyway. The controversial ones may wait for the future :)

I want the album and the page where you can see (not read)

1) a gun (pirate style)
2) ancient Egyptian paintings (like on the cover of Cigars of the Pharaoh)
3) sausages

tuhatsauna

EDIT: I want to emphasize that these three things appear on the same page.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 19:18
tuhatkauno
The controversial ones may wait for the future :)
Actually, this will be the last question for a while - the Trivia Quiz will be going on hiatus for the moment.
The Mods had intended to draw the proceedings to a halt at the 250 mark, but the speed of turnover being what it is, the milestone was passed before we’d noticed!

So play this question out, and that will be all for the moment!
tintinspartan
#3 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 19:31
What? Last Question. Then who's gonna start the ball again. And what's hiatus means?
Well, my answer is:
1) Secret of The Unicorn during the fight scence on board The Unicorn with Sir Francis Haddock holding a pirate-era gun.
2)Obviously Cigars of The Pharaoh, during Tintin's visit to the tomb of the Pharaoh Kikh-Oskh

3) Tintin In America, around pg 10-15 where Tintin had a bite at a hotdog stand and hotdogs made another appearence in The Shooting Star on board The Aurora. Snowy was seen with hotdogs.

Well, I would wait till all this hiatus is cleared and we will hope this would end soon and the fun of the trivia continues.
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 19:44
Sorry spartan, but the gun, Egyptian paintings and sausages are on the same page. I asked one page where these items all appear.

The Q is unanswered.
waveofplague
#5 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 02:11
Actually, this will be the last question for a while - the Trivia Quiz will be going on hiatus for the moment.

For how long, and also, why? Sorry if I'm being nosey. It just seems odd to go on hiatus now when it seems like the Quiz is very popular.

--
[Moderator note: please see "Why end the Tintin Trivia Challenge?" thread for an explanation.]
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 08:22
Hello everyone

This is not a clue, but I want to make one thing clear: the gun is not a hand gun but a gun used in ships. When formulating the Q I had pirate ship in mind.

I dig up my dictionary and I realized hiatus is a BREAK! Jock you are HIATUSING my heart, byhyhyyy!
Mark Falconer
#7 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 12:22
Hilarious mis-use of idiom! :D I love it!
yamilah
#8 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 12:25
I guess you mean Flight 714 page 2:
- An Egyptian-like fresco can be seen in frame C2
- sausages can be spotted in frame C3
- and an ancient gun is visible in frame D3...

Is that what you mean, tuhatkauno?
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 12:35
Congratulations to you clairvoyante Yamilah. It was bit tricky first, but the sausages should have given a hint. Yamilah, you get the point but not the turn to set a Q.

Well this is it then (for the moment). Thank you all, this was great fun. I apologize for being sometimes childish. Bye. :)
yamilah
#10 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 12:44
tuhatkauno
Congratulations to you clairvoyante Yamilah.
Thanks!

I apologize for being sometimes childish. Bye. :)
Please don't, for Herge himself admitted he was!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.