Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 9 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  8  9  10  11  12  Next » 

alvarolino
#81 · Posted: 25 Mar 2007 20:19
My first Tintin book was "The Broken Ear" ("O Idolo Roubado" in Brazilian portuguese) and I was very much surprised with the reality of the story. I'm from Brazil, and I've never seen such a political approach in a comic book. Since then, I've been an enthusiast regarding the universe of Tintin and his creator.
maxmordon
#82 · Posted: 27 Mar 2007 01:03
alvarolino:
I'm from Brazil, and I've never seen such a political approach in a comic book.

I am from Venezuela and I though the same thing when I read that!

The first one I read was Tintin in America; really liked, but is not as strong as the next books.
motheroftintin
#83 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 02:11
maxmordon:
The first one I read was Tintin in America; really liked, but is not as strong as the next books.

And I'm from US, and when Tintin in Venezuela comes out, I'll be the first to comment on how it's not as strong as the next books!

Moderator Note: That kind of reaction is totally uncalled for - maxmordon is quite clearly making a judgement call on the quality of the book, and not making any comment on America as a country; your response could be seen as trolling, and we do not accept that here. Let’s keep things civil, thank you very much!

The Tintinologist Team
maxmordon
#84 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 02:40
motheroftintin:
And I'm from US, and when Tintin in Venezuela comes out, I'll be the first to comment on how it's not as strong as the next books!

Hey, sorry if I offended you. But we must admit that it was of Hergé's early works and that his work goes better and better with the years. I liked Tintin in America, and I would have loved if Hergé had made another book in US; but even like that we must admit is not his best.
aji411
#85 · Posted: 5 Sep 2007 12:33
My first TinTin book are:

1. The Black Island
2. The Secret of The Unicorn
3. TinTin in America
cigars of the beeper
#86 · Posted: 5 Sep 2007 17:54
The first one I read was Red Rackham's treasure out of a 3-in-1 volume. I actually was not very interested in it. then I tried to read The seven crystal balls out of the same volume that night. I never finished it, because of the scary imagery on page 32 (I was 10 at the time). I then tried to read Prisoners of the sun the next morning, and yet again was not all that impressed with it. I think I might have actually been bored by it. After returning this 3-in-1 volume to my friend, I sort of forgot Tintin. Then, a few months later, I found a copy of Cigars of the pharaoh at my library and checked it out. Believe it or not, I actually hated it. I find it very strange that when I first met Tintin, I did not like him all that much. but everything changed when I was about 12 years old I checked out from the library "Destination Moon" and "Explorers on the Moon." I have liked Tintin ever since, and I don't think that that is going to change.
(Sorry if I am a bit off topic)
Mirirocks67
#87 · Posted: 5 Sep 2007 17:58
Emerald,for me.It wasn't my favourite story,but I bought rest of the adventures,.
shadow
#88 · Posted: 30 Sep 2007 16:33
The first one I read was King Ottokar's Sceptre at about age 7 or 8.
My parents picked it out for me at random. I didn't get all the political intrigue, but I was still fascinated.
zaveri_tintin
#89 · Posted: 1 Oct 2007 07:25
I was introduced to tintin at age 7. My dad gave me a third-hand copy of crab with the golden claws.
indigoxstar
#90 · Posted: 19 Dec 2007 21:48
I remember just sorting through my parents' library and pulling out the Tintin moon books. I was about 6, maybe? Soon afterward, I started noticing the episodes on T.V.

Page  Page 9 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  8  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!