Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin in Tagalog?

Jyrki21
#1 · Posted: 26 Jul 2004 16:42
As I'm based in the Philippines for another month or so, I was hoping to find a copy of Tintin in the local indigenous language for the area that Manila is in, Tagalog. My first few efforts have been stymied, though, as I've only found him in English.

The two main problems are that pretty much everyone in the Philippines speaks English really, really well with an extremely rich vocabulary -- and not necessarily as a backup language either -- and also that this is not one of the heaviest-reading societies around, particularly among those whose English is less than near-perfect.

Does anyone know if Tintin was ever even produced in Tagalog?

On another note, I was recently visiting Bangkok and am now kicking myself for forgetting to comb the place for a Thai language Tintin, which I'm certain is find-able. I even thought to look for a T-shirt, just not a book. :(

I may be in some more backward places later like Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar... anyone know if Laotian, Khmer or Burmese have made it onto the Tintin circuit?
GurraJG
#2 · Posted: 26 Jul 2004 20:32
I can't find any sign of Tintin being availalbe in Tagalog. It is available in Khmer however. But, only The Blue Lotus.

-Gustav
wassy
#3 · Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:05
Link removed

Moderator Note: Hi, wassy! Sorry but we have had to remove the link you posted, which was to a fan-edited fake book cover, which causes problems with copyright; we avoid such things to keep out of trouble!

The Happy Tintinologist Team
wassy
#4 · Posted: 20 Sep 2020 15:01
Oh ok... sorry...
But I wanted to reply (too late...) to Jyrki21 because I found few Tintin's albums in Tagalog in Davao, Mindanao, Philippines. But I didn't remember in which bookshop. I believe it's in Gaisano Mall of Davao, J.P. Laurel Ave, Bajada, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur, Philippines.

Could I reply that ? Even though it's very late reply...

Moderator Note No difficulty with that - it was only the picture which was the problem!

The Happy Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!