Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Official 'I am back!' / 'Welcome back!' thread

Page  Page 1 of 6:  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 14 Dec 2007 17:49
DERFALLBIENLEIN:
Why do you come back after more than three years without saying "Hi! I'm back!"?
(I know I was not around when you were last seen 'round these parts, but a while ago I looked into some threads from long ago and saw your user name. Having a Tintin book in German, I thought "Isn't that interesting! that's the German name for 'The Calculus Affair!'"
Anyway, welcome back (even though this is the first time in my 1 1/2 years on this site that you have made a post)!
DERFALLBIENLEIN
#2 · Posted: 15 Dec 2007 13:05
Oh my gosh Cigars, please forgive my ignorance for not saying a quick hello to everyone on here, where are my manners! Anyway, thanks for the welcome back, it is nice to feel part of the gang on here! I suppose I should explain where I have been.

Well, I have moved house twice in the last 12 months and during the last move I was able to unpack all of my books (including my Tintin ones, at the previous house there wasn't much room so they stayed packed away). At present I can't get a tv reception in the new house so I have been watching dvd's and reading my books and it had been a couple of years since I last read all my Tintin books so I decided to reacquaint myself with them. I have also been watching the dvd's with my two year old son (you gotta educate them early!) who's favourite adventure is Tintin in Tibet because he likes the Migou!

Anyway, whilst immersed in all things Herge I realised that I hadn't been on here in a while and so here I am! I apologise again for just suddenly posting on here out of the blue but, rest assured, I am back for good!
admin
Administrator
#3 · Posted: 15 Dec 2007 21:57
Mark/DERFALLBIENLEIN, it is good to have you back with us after so long! I still remember you from the "Little Leg Affair." :-)
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 15 Dec 2007 22:06
DERFALLBIENLEIN

I assume that by now after having been gone so long, you hardly recognize any members. Why, after only a year on this site, I have noticed the abscence of people who were here when I made my first post. Forums (apparently) have a fast turnover in their members!
DERFALLBIENLEIN
#5 · Posted: 16 Dec 2007 00:13
Yes, thank you for reminding me of 'The Little Leg Affair' Admin, one of my finer moments methinks!

If I'm being honest I don't recognise most of the members on here but then it has been a while! I didn't even realise that having made a comment on Mullers Jag the other day I was just repeating myself from a post I made two years ago (it's a Mark X, not an XJ6!)

Anyway, once again thanks for welcoming me back with open arms!

Mark :-)
tintinspartan
#6 · Posted: 26 Jan 2008 14:54
Guys, it's me always.

And i'm back in buisness here.
Just want to relive Tintin after my long 6-month absence. Now, i'm a railfan and a bus freak. And BTW, I'll be on TV soon on Channel News Asia. I'm interviewed for a show called 'I, Journalist' and I'm called for an interview about Busfanning. I'll post the episode on my Youtube once it's aired. Note that I got rights as I'm part of the cast. The date of air is not confirmed so not much of a update for now.
cigars of the beeper
#7 · Posted: 28 Jan 2008 18:57
Welcome back, Tintinspartan! I am also a railfan, but an interest in busses perplexes me. what do you like particularly about busses?
mondrian
#8 · Posted: 29 Jan 2008 00:09
tintinspartan
Note that I got rights as I'm part of the cast.

Unfortunately I'll have to tell you that "being part of the cast" does not give you the full copyright of the show. Since you seem to be running into trouble with the concept from time to time, may I suggest that you tried to study the subject, maybe starting from the wikipedia article, which also gives you tips for further reading if interested. Just a friendly reminder, as I think all of us should know at least the basic outlines of the concept.
tintinspartan
#9 · Posted: 29 Jan 2008 02:42
Maybe I can explain that, beeper.

Buses is somesort of a passion for me as in I like;

1. Engine Sounds
2. Design
3. Interior Fitting
4. Comfort

Singapore Buses has it's own 'unique' feeling to me but it's Asia's 2nd Bus Fan Hotspot, so what may we expect. Now, Singapore Transport System is being readjusted so we will wait and see.

Oh ya, about railfanning. Pls join our club if you want to

www.ktmrailwayfan.com

And if you want to visit Singapore, pls drop me a message.
waveofplague
#10 · Posted: 2 Feb 2008 03:50
hi y'all!

i'm back too. i vanished for several months due to great academic workload, but i can now spare time for TINTIN again!

i've been reading Destination Moon and it's just as great as ever. i'm always finding new things that i never noticed before. that's the magic of tintin, right?!

hope everyone is doing well. when's the quiz coming back?

Page  Page 1 of 6:  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!