Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Franco-Belgian comics in English

Page  Page 4 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

george
#31 · Posted: 19 Jan 2008 21:29
[...]will be in the same shrunken, US comic size format that Thorgal is printed in

I've become reconciled to this reduced format, especially as it goes hand-in-hand with the books being presented as double albums. So much of what is published in English gets this treatment (from Trondheim through David B; Satrapi to... well, every thing put out by NBM and :01) that I imagine we're going to have to get used to it.

On the other hand I think the reduced Tintin books are an abomination. It might just be that I'm used to these stories being 'normal' sized, whereas I've only ever seen Donjon small.

George
george
#32 · Posted: 21 Mar 2008 16:03
catchgops wrote:
For those who haven't spotted this, Studio Graton, an independent publisher of the Michel Vaillant BD has just released 3 titles in English.

Has anyone ordered these books through the Vaillant site? I wouldn't mind picking up the set but the process seems a bit backwards - you confirm your details and place the order before you know the postage cost.

George
catchgops
#33 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 12:49
I ordered my books through the Vaillant site.
george
#34 · Posted: 23 Mar 2008 16:50
catchgops wrote:
I ordered my books through the Vaillant site.

Hi Catchgops. How did the ordering work? What payment system do they use, and how much was the postage (to where ever you are)? Did they turn up quickly?

I'm tempted by these and would like to pick them up before the Euro gets any stronger(!)

Thanks

George
catchgops
#35 · Posted: 23 Mar 2008 18:10
After you have placed the order, they send you an email with total cost including shipping (I don't recall precisely but I reckon shipping cost me $20 for the three books) and a PayPal invoice. I live in India and my order was delivered from Brussels in 3 working days. That's the fastest international order I have received.
george
#36 · Posted: 24 Mar 2008 15:53
catchgops wrote:
they send you an email with total cost including shipping

Thanks Catchgops, I think I'll give it a go.

George
otherdogmatix
#37 · Posted: 5 Apr 2008 01:21
Catchgops,
When I come to India this time I will pick up the Quick and Flupke's. I dont think these are availabe in the US/UK (in English). Do you know of any other new Franco-Belgian comics expected in India after that?
Thanks
woof :-)
catchgops
#38 · Posted: 24 May 2008 10:05
I haven't heard of any other new titles in the pipeline from Euro Books or Tara Press, the two publishing houses who have rights for India. Euro Books also released 15 Spirou titles, previously unseen in English. Tara Press was due to publish Iznogoud but Cinebook seems to have beaten them to it.
george
#39 · Posted: 27 May 2008 22:36
John Sewell wrote:
Cinebook included a catalogue with my order, which has a month-by month breakdown for releases up to June.

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy for Cinebook I feel I should draw people's attention to the new catalogue available on their homepage.

A few highlights to take us to the end of the year (or 'Fall' as they put it):

July
Yoko Tsuno 3: The Prey and the Ghost
Alpha 1: The Exchange [new series]
Largo Winch 2: Takeover bid

August
Iznogoud 2: The Caliph's Vacation
Lucky Luke 12: The Rivals of Painful Gulch
The Scorpion 1: The Devil's Mark [new series]

September
Cederic 1: High-Risk Class [new series]
Blake & Mortimer 4: The Francis Blake Affair
Green Manor 2: The Inconvenience of Being Dead
Thorgal 4: The Archers

October
Melusine 3: The Vampires' Ball
Lucky Luke 13: The Tenderfoot
Alderbaran 2: The Group

November
Yakari 6: Yakari in the Land of Wolves
Bluecoats 1: Robertsonville Prison [new series]
Biggles 01: Spitfire Parade [new series - not part of Biggles recounts...]
Lady S 01: Here's to Suzie [new series]

December
Lucky Luke 13: The Dashing White Cowboy

George
Redrascal
#40 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 22:19
Cinebooks seems to have done a launch in India- check this blog out :-http://comicology.blogspot.com/2008/06/cinebook-2008.html

Anyone know of any online site that would ship Iznogoud/ Lucky luke to India ?

Page  Page 4 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!